Array Cable Engineer for offshore wind farms with focus on cable protection systems
Would you like to take up the technical challenges in relation to high-voltage cabling for grid connection of wind farms?
Join us and become an Array Cable Engineer in our Array Cables department where you and your colleagues will be responsible for all medium voltage cables and accessories transporting energy from generation in the turbine to delivery to the grid. You will be involved in all engineering phases related to the high voltage cable systems for offshore wind farms.
Array Cables is part of Wind Power which has 1800 employees and is one of four business units in DONG Energy. Wind Power is the world’s largest developer and operator of offshore wind power, and we use our unique knowledge in all phases of our wind turbine projects. During the last 20 years, we have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe.
You may choose freely to be based either at one of our Danish offices in Skærbæk near Fredericia or in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area or alternatively at our London office in the United Kingdom on local terms and conditions. However, you should expect some travelling in Northern Europe in relation to your work.
Your key duties will be to
- lead the development and implementation of standard technical solutions and concepts with respect to cable protection systems for our portfolio
- be responsible for establishing common offshore cable protection guidelines and participate in knowledge sharing and technical reviews
- prepare technical, supply and installation requirements for cable protection systems and manage structural cable design investigations
- participate in technical and commercial negotiations as well as internal and external clarifications and interfaces handling.
While executing these duties you will cooperate closely with your colleagues based in different locations in Northern Europe and be co-responsible for performing tasks related to transmitting the renewable energy produced at our offshore wind farms.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- hold a master’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering or similar
- are interested in working with technical issues in connection to medium and high voltage cables and cable protection systems
- are technically skilled and enthusiastic about learning new areas
- are outgoing and have a conscientious attitude to your work
- thrive on working in teams with your colleagues and other stakeholders.
Furthermore, you have a structured, service-minded and flexible approach to your tasks and speak and write English fluently. You are very attentive to developing trends within the cabling field and excel in acquiring new knowledge.
If you have project management experience and a solution oriented approach to your tasks it will be seen as an advantage.
A unique and challenging job where you have every opportunity to develop your skills, when you help to carry out some of the world's largest offshore wind projects. You will be part of a dynamic and technical department which is at the forefront of development in the entire field .Our solutions are of a high professional standard, and you will be able to spar with experienced specialists in an informal environment.
We have an ambitious growth strategy for the coming years in north-western Europe, and in our company, optimum performance and international growth will go hand in hand in future years. Through your work, you will take part in executing an ambitious strategy for international growth and continuous development of clean and sustainable CO2-free energy solutions.
In DONG Energy Wind Power, we have a high level of expertise and many complex and challenging work tasks. We work goal-oriented and efficiently with some of the world's largest offshore wind projects, and we are committed to reducing the cost of electricity.
For Denmark, please do not hesitate to contact Stavroula Petsa, Head of Array Cables, on telephone +45 9955 2940 if you want to know more about the position.
For the United Kingdom, please do not hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas as electronic files as soon as possible and no later than 6 November 2016, as we will be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
All UK based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Click on the button "Ansøg" to submit your application.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder