Future in the making
MAN Energy Solutions (MAN-ES) is the world’s leading designer of large power units for marine and stationary applications. That’s a big deal. It’s also a big responsibility.
At the core of our business is a focus on innovation. We bring together the brightest people to develop the best components. We are driven by an imperative to continually improve plant efficiency and use our influence to steer the industry in more sustainable directions.
Our new digital business strategy is one of the ways we are streamlining processes, minimizing our carbon footprint and adding longer term value through remote life cycle asset management. It is revolutionizing our approach to product design, technical service offerings and retrofit solutions. It also includes pioneering a digital ecosystem that reduce the friction points for industry collaboration, making it easier for everyone to do business.
If you are someone who has expertise in software engineering, enjoys tackling challenges with real-world impact, and is motivated by the prospect of a digital transformation, then this is the job for you.
How you’ll fit in
You will be joining our Digital Platform Development team, as a programmer and app developer focussed on building the cloud integrated infrastructure for our Power Units.
We are in the process of remotely connecting all MAN-ES assets to enable better data-driven decision making and performance monitoring. These operational analytics will inform design validation and the development of competitive new engines - that recognize the link between environmentally sustainable and commercially viable technologies.
You will work across the Copenhagen business, as well as MAN-ES’ digital teams in Europe and Asia.
What we’re looking for
Our ideal candidate should have:
- A Master of Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Solid experience with agile development processes - in addition to familiarity using tools such as GIT, Jira and Jenkins, continuous integrations and unit/integration tests.
- Hands-on experience with a wide variety of coding languages (including Scala, C#, .NET, C++ or JAVA) plus practical knowledge of Boost, Rest API’s and JSON.
- Proficiency meeting multi-platform targets with Windows and Linux.
- Confidence and creativity when it comes to multi-paradigm design and OO design patterns (with knowledge of graph database design an added advantage).
Our ideal candidate should be:
- A self-organizer who manages their own time effectively - following up on their to-do list with the drive to acquire new skills and competences.
- A solid team player who embraces a cooperative culture of knowledge-sharing and contributes towards group goals.
- Motivated by deadlines and aware of the balance between effort, quality and time-to-market.
- A problem-solver who is not afraid to explore new ideas and push the boundaries of what’s been done before.
Interested in applying?
If you believe you have what it takes to fulfil these criteria and if you are ready to make your mark on MAN-ES, then submit your CV and a cover letter here, no later than the 4th of December 2018.
For any questions about the position, you’re more than welcome to contact Head of Digital Platform, Copenhagen Torbjørn Møller: 3385 1708 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We power businesses to go further, faster. Now let us do the same with your career.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.