Future in the making
MAN Energy Solutions (MAN-ES) is the world’s leading designer of large power units for marine and stationary applications. That’s a big deal. It’s also a big responsibility.
At the core of our business is a focus on innovation. We bring together the brightest people to develop the best components. We are driven by an imperative to continually improve plant efficiency and use our influence to steer the industry in more sustainable directions.
Our new digital business strategy is one of the ways we are streamlining processes, minimizing our carbon footprint and adding longer term value through remote life cycle asset management. It is revolutionizing our approach to product design, technical service offerings and retrofit solutions. It also includes pioneering a digital ecosystem that reduce friction points for industry collaboration, making it easier for everyone to do business.
If you are someone who has expertise in software engineering, enjoys tackling challenges with real-world impact, and is motivated by the prospect of a digital transformation, then this is the job for you.
How you’ll fit in
You will be working within Copenhagen’s Digital Edge product portfolio as the primary project lead of your own Platform Development team. Your main task will be to manage 10+ developers, as we work towards building MAN-ES’ new digital solutions.
We want to connect all MAN-ES assets for performance monitoring, and for linking engine analytics with design validation. In this sense, you’ll be involved in facilitating data-driven development for both customer-facing and in-house purposes.
It’s an expansive area that will give you the opportunity to develop your knowledge across our organization, working with R&D, Automation and IT. You’ll also work in close collaboration with other Platform Development teams located in Germany, Switzerland and India.
What we’re looking for
Our ideal candidate will have:
- At least 10 years’ experience in either software development or software management (you may have been a Scrum Master before, but this is not a pre-requisite).
- A strong background in facilitating agile projects using GIT, Jira, SAFe. or equivalent tools.
- Great communication skills and a proactive approach to problem-solving that motivates others to not only work hard, but to also work smart.
- Proficiency using C++, C# and .NET programming languages.
- The organizational foresight to regularly plan and execute sprints, stand ups and demos, while recognizing that backlog mastering and reporting are just as important.
- An approachable attitude that brings out the best in whoever is around them, by reminding individuals of their targets and celebrating ‘small wins’ along the way.
Interested in applying?
If you believe you have what it takes to fulfil these criteria and if you are ready to make your mark on MAN-ES, then submit your CV and a cover letter here, no later than the 4th of December 2018.
For any questions about the position, you’re more than welcome to contact Head of Digital Platform, Copenhagen Torbjørn Møller: 3385 1708 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We power businesses to go further, faster. Now let us do the same with your career.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.