Application Scientist - personal care ingredients
Are you passionate about developing new products and testing these in new applications? Do you have an in-depth understanding of how additives work, and can you drive an ambitious sales agenda and deliver specialist expertise at the same time?
You will be responsible for developing concepts within the application area including testing, launching, reporting, and presenting the products to customers. In close cooperation with our sales team, you handle customer projects, develop sales material, and participate in product launches.
You will be part of our highly qualified application team of 4 dedicated colleagues who love to put their specialist knowledge into action every day and invent new standards within the bio-speciality additive area. In our application laboratory, we develop additives for personal care, food packaging, polymer materials etc. The primary focus in this role, will be on personal care and cosmetics. We will, of course, make sure to guide and support you in the process as well as give you a thorough onboarding and necessary training continuously.
“This is a new and vital role in our application team, and a great opportunity to bring new ideas to market and present the resulting products with the support and expertise they need”, says Laura Juhl, Application Manager.
You will report directly to Laura Juhl, and the position is placed at our headquarter in Juelsminde (DK) where you will experience a flexible workday. Travel is part of the position with an anticipated 5-10 days of travel per year.
- You prepare, execute, and document series of tests and laboratory projects.
- You propose/design application tests and ensure completion as well as documentation of results.
- You take the technical responsibility for internal projects as well as customer projects and reporting of results.
- You contribute to description and development of the use of ingredients in personal care products.
- You prepare and maintain application guides for existing and new products.
- You participate as specialist in customer projects and provide technical support.
- You make sure that all application equipment in the laboratory is up-to-date and well-functioning.
What do you need to apply?
It is key that you have some years of hands-on experience with application work in the laboratory, innovative processes, and product development, preferably within the personal care and cosmetics area. You hold a technical background such as for example a MSc or BSc degree in Natural, Life or Food Science.
You are a self-starter with a visionary mindset and a constant focus on making progress. As you will be working with internal and external stakeholders, you have great interpersonal skills, and communicating at multiple levels is easy for you as well as translating complex data into useful information for the end-user. Additionally, you are good at critical thinking and therefore able to troubleshoot problems systematically. You have a thorough and analytical way of working and are good at building transparent and trustworthy relationships.
As you will be our expert within the area of personal care and cosmetics, it is vital that you continuously keep yourself up to date on the most recent trends and guidelines on the personal care area to support your arguments and guide colleagues and customers around the world.
As we work within a global scope, excellent communication skills in written and spoken English is required.
What do we offer you?
- A job in an expanding company that combines technological knowledge with practical value generation.
- A job in an international environment with clients, partners, and colleagues all over the world.
- A job in a market leading company with high CSR standards and CO2 neutral production.
- A job with unique working conditions, including one extra week of holiday (7th week), health insurance, and possibilities for further career development etc.
- A job with profit sharing through an extra pension scheme.
- A job in a socially well-functioning atmosphere and informal environment.
Do you have any questions?
If you want to seize this opportunity, then send us your application and resume as soon as possible. We process applications on a continuous basis and close the job opening once the right candidate has been found. If you would like to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Laura Juhl at tel.: +45 4082 6072.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.