Are you passionate about developing new products and testing these in new applications? Do you have an in-depth understanding of how food ingredients work, and can you drive an ambitious sales agenda and deliver specialist expertise at the same time? If so, you may be our new Application Scientist.
You will be responsible for developing concepts within the application area including testing, launching, reporting, and presenting the products to customers. In close cooperation with our sales team, you handle customer projects, develop sales tools, and participate in product launches.
You will be part of a highly qualified application team of 14 dedicated colleagues who love to put their specialist knowledge into action every day and invent new standards within the areas of confectionary, lipid, bakery, and Ice Cream/Dairy. In this position, the primary focus will be on confectionary, chocolate.
In connection with a planned retirement of our current Application Scientist we are looking for a successor to further develop the areas within the position. You will report directly to our Regional Application Manager, Arne Pedersen, and the position is placed at our headquarter in Juelsminde (DK) with approximately 40 inspiring travel days a year.
Furthermore, your responsibilities will include:
- Develop the technical food knowledge in the department to ensure competent problem solving.
- Handle customer projects and visits independently and in cooperation with Sales and Marketing.
- Manage and assist in projects globally in cooperation with the regional application centres in Russia, Mexico, and Singapore.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing with your colleagues globally.
- Testing products and concepts in cooperation with other departments.
- Making sure that all application equipment and laboratories are up to date and well-functioning.
What do you need to apply?
The ideal candidate holds a technical background within the food industry/chemistry for example a MSc og BSc degree in Food and Nutrition, Food Engineer or similar. It is key that you have some years of experience with application work, innovative processes, and product development - preferably within the confectionary area.
You are very good at communicating at multiple levels and has the ability to translate complex data into useful information for the end-user. Additionally, you have a thorough and analytical way of working and are good at building transparent and trustworthy relationships.
As you will be our expert within the area of confectionary, it is vital that you are up to date on the most recent trends and guidelines on the area to support your arguments and guide colleagues and customers around the world. We will, of course, make sure to give you a thorough onboarding as well as the necessary training to ensure continuing professional development.
As we work within a global scope, excellent communication skills in written and spoken English is required.
What do we offer you?
- A job in an expanding company that combines technological knowledge with practical value generation.
- A job in an international environment with clients, partners, and colleagues all over the world.
- A job in a market leading company with high CSR standards and CO2 neutral production.
- A job with unique working conditions, including one extra week of holiday (7th week), health insurance, and possibilities for further career development etc.
- A job with profit sharing through an extra pension scheme.
- A job in a socially well-functioning atmosphere and informal environment.
Do you have any questions?
If you want to seize this opportunity, then send us your application and resume as soon as possible. We process applications on a continuous basis and close the job opening once the right candidate has been found. If you would like to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Arne Pedersen at tel.: +45 4061 0990.
Palsgaard is a worldwide leader in providing advanced plant-based emulsifier solutions to the food and packaging industries. We invented the first food emulsifier over 100 years ago, and today, our products are sold in more than 120 countries either via our own sales offices or through an extensive network of agents and distributors.
We are proud to be the first company in the industry to reach CO2-neutral production, and all our emulsifier and stabilizer solutions are now manufactured in CO2-neutral factories globally.
Worldwide we are 600 Heart Working colleagues across 17 countries.
Palsgaard is a subsidiary of The Schou Foundation, which owns a group of companies whose corporate culture is unique and strongly affected by a long history. Physically, our culture is centred around the majestic Palsgaard Estate in its beautiful natural surroundings, which is home to our headquarters.
If you want to learn more about Palsgaard, please visit our website: www.palsgaard.com
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder