Application Manager & Senior Scientist – Bakery
Are you passionate about ingredients and their functionalities in different applications? Do you have in-depth chemical understanding on how ingredients work in bakery applications, and can you drive an ambitious sales agenda from the technical perspective?
“At Palsgaard, we invest the necessary time in being creative and have through the last 100 years shown, that this is a sustainable way to develop and grow our business. Never, has the demand for food ingredients been higher and with investment in time for being curious and with engaged employees, we succeed in developing solutions that are competitive, healthier, and planet safe”, says Nicolai Arent, Regional Application Manager.
As Application Manager & Senior Scientist, you take the technical lead in coordinating customer and development activities in close cooperation with your colleagues in the bakery team. You take both country and key account responsibility on the technical side, and you will - in close collaboration with colleagues from Sales and Marketing - support our customers. The support includes both testing, concept/application product launching, reporting, and presentation, which may be done in our high-tech pilot facilities in Juelsminde, Denmark or at our customers’ facilities in the region of responsibility (Europe, Middle East, Africa etc.).
Furthermore, you develop the team’s chemical understanding of the bakery applications continuously. Literature and new trends will inspire you in creating new application developments, and you will be the bridge between the commercial business and our research company, Nexus. You will take lead in proactive market projects and ensure the business variability, and that all stakeholders are aligned into the execution plan to ensure successful commercial launch.
The bakery team is part of a highly qualified application department of 15 “heart working” colleagues at our headquarter in Juelsminde. You will be met with colleagues that enjoy putting their specialist knowledge into action every day and with this, inventing new standards within the industry areas of bakery, confectionery, lipid, and ice cream/dairy. You will report directly to our Regional Application Manager, Nicolai Arent, and can expect approximately 40 days of inspiring travelling a year.
In addition, your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for generating and leading new concept and application developments.
- Continuous development of the technical/chemical food knowledge in the department to ensure competent problem solving.
- Manage and assist projects globally with the application centres in Mexico, Singapore, China, Brazil, and Turkey.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing with your colleagues globally.
- Testing products and concepts in cooperation with other departments.
- Bakery pilot plant responsibility.
- Align and create new global standards.
What do you need to apply?
It is key that you have some years of experience with application work, innovative processes, and product development - preferably within the bakery area. The ideal candidate also holds a technical background within food science or chemistry, for example a MSc or BSc degree in Food and Nutrition, Food Engineer or similar.
You will lead different types of projects in the organisation, and it is therefore an advantage that you have had experience and success with project management of smaller cross-functional projects.
You are skilled in communicating at multiple levels and can translate complex data into useful information for the end-user, preferable with use of statistical tools. Additionally, you have a thorough and an analytical way of working and are good at building transparent and trustworthy relationships.
As we work within a global scope, excellent communication skills in written and spoken English is required.
What do we offer you?
- A job in an expanding company that combines technological knowledge with practical value generation
- A job in an international environment with clients, partners, and colleagues all over the world
- A job in a market leading company with high CSR standards and CO2 neutral production
- A job with unique working conditions, including one extra week of holiday (7th week), health insurance etc.
- A job with profit sharing through an extra pension scheme
- A job in a socially well-functioning atmosphere and informal environment
Do you have any questions?
If you want to seize this opportunity, then send us your application and resume as soon as possible. We process applications on a continuous basis and close the job opening once the right candidate has been found. If you would like to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Regional Application Manager, Nicolai Arent at tel.: +45 4072 8149.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.