Want to be part of our Ethernet switch applications support team, supporting customers of our Ethernet switch silicon worldwide? Microchip is seeking an Applications Engineer, either entry level or with a couple of years of experience, primarily with focus on HW and systems design, to join the Ethernet switch applications team within the USB and Networking business unit (UNG). We provide an exciting opportunity for professional and personal growth in a job, working with customers and colleagues worldwide.
Microchip Denmark has an R&D site located in Herlev. We are a team of 35 engineers, developing Ethernet network switches for Enterprise, Industrial and automotive markets. The Denmark site represents all the engineering disciplines from initial product definition, RTL design, SW development, reference systems and technical support. Microchip Denmark is part of the Microchip USB and Networking Group (UNG), which has sites in USA, India, and China.
As an Applications Engineer your time will be divided between direct customer support as well as Customer Enablement (CE) projects. Job responsibilities include:
- Understand the functionality and specifications of the Microchip Ethernet switch products and their application in customer systems.
- Provide direct technical support to sales and field application engineers as well as key customers.
- Assisting key customers with system-level design issues and bring-up issue both remotely and sometimes on-site in Customers lab
- Develop and present technical training such as webinars, hands-on workshops, etc. to customers, sales and field application engineers.
- Developing collateral such as application notes, data sheets, reference designs, and other activities for new product development.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Masters in electrical engineering or equivalent discipline.
- Strong English written and oral communication skills with the ability to produce good quality engineering documentation.
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in Digital systems design.
- Basic understanding of software design.
- Willingness to work in a dynamic environment with multiple projects and deadlines
- Are a team player but able to work independently - a self-starter, adaptable to rapidly changing market requirements
- Experience with L2/L3 switching and routing products
- Experience in working with high-speed interfaces including Ethernet, PCI Express, etc.
- Experience in directly designing electrical circuits/system design/reference design schematic capture with software-based PCB design tools (e.g. Altium, Cadence).
- Experience in troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Experience with industrial protocols
What we offer?
- An opportunity for growth in a highly technical role, while interacting with customers and field engineers worldwide, with a focus to drive customer projects from initial concept all the way to production.
- Join a large organization with multiple experienced teams working in a variety of different SW projects including upstream Linux drivers, OS agnostic drivers, turn-key SW solutions.
- Direct access to experts developing the relevant HW, chips, network technologies and standards.
- International work environment and opportunities to travel, and working together with different cultures,
- Options to work-from-home 1-2 days a week.
- Informal, pleasant office environment with options for individual or 2–3-man offices. Breakfast, lunch, coffee, and fruit in the cafeteria, occasional social gatherings.
- Competitive compensation and benefits such as: Pension, Healthcare, Stock Options etc.
If you’re interested and feel that you have the right skills that we’re looking for, apply today at Denmark@microchip.com
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of microcontroller, mixed-signal, analog and Flash-IP solutions, providing low-risk product development, lower total system cost and faster time to market for thousands of diverse customer applications worldwide.
For more information, visit www.microchip.com
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder