We are looking for a talented and motivated application engineer to join our team.
TICRA provides state-of-the-art highly accurate electromagnetic simulation software for reflector antennas and related feed systems, primarily for satellite communication applications. TICRA’s software is used worldwide by the leading spacecraft manufacturers, space organizations and universities. Our software packages model the antennas of the Planck telescope and Mars landers, as well as the radio telescopes looking at the cold sky over the Atacama desert in Chile. The high level of expertise required to deliver such specialized products is maintained through close cooperation with our international clients and the European Space Agency (ESA).
As part of our continued growth and strategy to be a leader in our sector, a new position for an application engineer is now available at our office in central Copenhagen.
You will be involved in a high number of activities, which require a deep knowledge of TICRA’s software. You will be a key person in our software development chain and maintenance cycle. You will work in close contact with our customers as well as our software developers, antenna engineers and sales and marketing group. In particular, you will:
- Interact with our customers and collect information about their needs. Design new software features with our antenna specialists. Work closely with our software developers and test the new features. Contribute to our software user’s manuals with tutorial examples and general updates
- Provide technical support on our software products to our customers in order to help them in modelling challenging problems, interpreting results, speeding up computations and identifying bugs
- Define and maintain structured test environments for our software packages
- Model complex antenna geometries using CAD software
- Develop material and provide training courses on TICRA’s software at TICRA’s or customers’ premises, or through webinars
- Design and conduct software demonstrations at seminars, workshops, conferences and meetings with customers, in support of the sales and marketing group
- Write technical white papers to highlight new features of TICRA’s software and their use in advanced antenna modelling
- You hold a master’s degree in electrical engineering, physics or astronomy and have a solid background in electromagnetic field theory.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in the industry or at university.
- You have worked with CAD software and/or software for antenna modelling. Knowledge of TICRA’s software products is an advantage.
- You have contributed to scientific publications in conference proceedings or journals.
- You have successfully worked in project teams and are able to work independently. You are structured, have an analytical approach to your work, are able to prioritize and focus on details and quality. You know how to work towards deadlines and are able to deal with time pressure. You have good communication and excellent presentation skills. You are comfortable speaking and writing English and dealing with international clients, over email or phone. You have given technical presentations and wish to continue doing so.
We offer you
A unique opportunity to work in the field of applied electromagnetics in a growing company that has delivered state-of-the-art software products for 45 years. You will become part of a team of 22 creative and highly qualified engineers, passionate about their work and focused on knowledge sharing and teamwork. You will have direct contact with our experienced international customers and will deal with challenging antenna analysis tasks. You will have the possibility to travel and meet our customers.
Applications are accepted by email via the "Ansøg" link until November 30th, 2016. For further information, please contact Cecilia Cappellin, Consultancy Division Manager, (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder