Would you like to help make the web a better place?
We are looking for a bright, ambitious, creative, and quality minded developer for one of our Accessibility product team. As part of this team, you will help us come up with brilliant new ways of making it easier for web managers and editors to make their websites live up to accessibility standards.
Web Accessibility is about allowing people with and without disabilities to have access to the information they want and need from a website. Siteimprove Accessibility gives our customers a complete overview of their site’s web accessibility issues, plus clear explanations of how they affect users, and specific recommendations on how to fix them. It is an important job, and it could become yours!
What you’ll be doing
- Expand our product, continuously optimize our checker engine, explore ways to do test for responsiveness and create an efficient infrastructure that allows us to cope with an ever-increasing amount of webpages.
- Develop and maintain the application stack for our Accessibility product.
- Work together with product owner and team members to fulfill customer wishes.
- Add WAI-ARIA tests to our product.
What we’re looking for
- You have 3 years’ full-time experience with software development.
- You have built applications on top of REST services and provided your own endpoints.
- You are fluent in English (oral and written).
- You are fluent in the Internet protocols and failure modes and draw on that knowledge to build resilient and robust systems
Who you are as a person
- Curious and creative with a passion to learn.
- A team player and have a desire to work with creative and skilled people
- Can slice a task to deliver the needed parts first and the nice parts later
- Lead yourself and get things done with high standards.
Siteimprove is an award winning Danish founded software company with 350 employees and thousands of customers worldwide. Our user-friendly tools make it easy and simple for web editors and teams to make their websites better and accessible for all people. In addition to our headquarters in the heart of Copenhagen, we have offices in Minneapolis, London, Berlin, Vienna, Amsterdam, Oslo, Toronto, and Sydney, and our customers are spread across North America, Europe, and Australia.
We are growing fast, a growth that reflects our success in the rapidly emerging space of web governance. We are proud of our results and are dedicated to our mission of making the web better for all. We are a dynamic team of ambitious colleagues who work hard to retain and positively surprise our customers through world-leading products and services, and we constantly challenge each other in order to keep learning and improving. This all translates to a fun and exciting work environment, which is probably we have been named among the top 10 best IT workplaces in Denmark. Or maybe it is the fact that we brew our own beer and have our own chef, or that we have a fantastic Friday bar (and a gym to burn off the calories), or maybe it is just because our beautiful office is filled with great people?
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder