Are you a chief engineer with a passion for two-stroke engine technology? And would you like to engage with expert colleagues and customers from across the world to ensure world-class application design solutions?
Then this is your opportunity to join a market leader within two-stroke engine technology as part of MAN Energy Solutions.
Welcome to Stationary Engine Support
At our office in Teglholmen, Copenhagen, you will join Stationary Engine Support which is part of our Sales and Promotion organisation. You will join a team of 2, serving a global niche market within two-stroke engines for generators and other machines, primarily to the power plant industry and to some extent also the marine industry. The demand for our two-stroke engine technology is growing – and this is why we need you onboard.
Help promote our two-stroke engine solutions
As our application designer, you will have close customer contact as you conduct technical calculations and designs to show contractors and consultants from across the world what our two-stroke engine solutions can do for them. To do so, you also collaborate closely with engineers and PHD students within the company to gain expert knowledge outside your field.
More specifically, you will:
- Provide consultancy services to our licensees, customers and consultants on our two-stroke engine solutions by e-mail and via online meetings
- Provide technical calculations and technical designs for customer solutions
- Be responsible for validating our stationary engine programme to ensure that all technical specifications are correct and ensure that our extent of delivery is updated
- Provide technical specifications for and validate our project guides for our engine programmes
- Make quotations of consultancy and design services for our customers
Join a network of experts
In MAN Energy Solutions, you will be surrounded by technical specialists who collaborate closely to share knowledge and inspire new solutions. Thus, you will learn from the best and work with ground-breaking technology that focuses on energy balance and fuel flexibility.
Mechanical engineer with commercial drive
To succeed in this role, you have a passion for engine technology, and you enjoy close customer contact. Moreover, your keen eye for detail quickly spots both opportunities and errors in technical design drafts.
- You are a chief engineer, and you have knowledge of electrical control systems from a marine and/or power plant context.
- You have a commercial mindset and general mathematical understanding, so it will be easy for you to make quotations and promote our two-stroke engines in conversations with the customer.
- You are an Excel superuser and have a thorough understanding of VBA programming.
- You speak and write English fluently.
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your cover letter, CV and other relevant documentation by clicking "Ansøg". The deadline for application is 31 August 2018. Interviews will take place on a continuous basis, so please apply as soon as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Need to know more?
For further information about the position, please contact Manager Ms. Helle Gotfredsen +45 3385 2084. For further details on MAN Energy Solutions, please visit our website at https://man-es.com/ where you will be able to read about our history, products and what it is like working with us.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder