Analog ASIC R&D Engineer for EEG Chipset
Do you want to transfer innovative EEG technology into medical devices for real life applications? Are you ready for an exciting job where you will influence complex development projects? Then you may be our new Analog ASIC R&D Engineer for EEG chipsets at T&W Engineering A/S.
At T&W Engineering A/S we are pioneering cognitive technologies designed to help and empower patients. Together with our sister company, UNEEG medical A/S, we create tiny implants that monitor and analyze brain activity (EEG) to convey relevant information and issue alerts. In our team we develop mixed-signal ASICs for use both in research projects and as components in commercially available products. We cover the entire ASIC development process from idea over detailed specifications to implementation, documentation, testing and application support. Along the way, we collaborate with colleagues specialized in hardware, embedded software, and quality assurance. Our pace is high with approximately one new chip per year, either MPW or full-mask tape-out. We are a small team, and you will have lots of opportunities for influencing both projects and your own work. The position is open for all levels of experience.
Your responsibilities, in collaboration with colleagues
- Development of the analog subsystems in mixed-signal ASICs: circuit design, simulation, layout,
- measurement and verification
- Participating in system design
- Preparation of ASIC tape-out
- Application of new ASICs in prototype setups and product development
- Collecting ASIC requirements specifications in dedicated Requirements Management software
- Tool chain maintenance
We do not expect you to be an expert but preferred qualifications include:
- M.Sc. degree in electronics engineering or similar educational background
- In-depth understanding of the basic analog circuit design methods and ability to design functional circuits
- High level of understanding of basic analog circuits, e.g. current mirrors, voltage references, biasing circuits, comparators, amplifiers, etc.
- High level of understanding of basic systems, e.g. linear regulators, basic DC-DC power converter topologies, Bandgap References
- High level of understanding of communication systems
- Experience with analog/mixed-signal IC design
- Specialty in power management and dc-dc converters applications is a plus
- Experience with layout of analog circuits and pad-ring
- Experience with IC Design environments: Cadence, Synopsys, and/or Mentor Graphics
- Experience with PCB design, assembly, and experimental validation
- Experience with measurement equipment: oscilloscope, source meter, signal generator, multi meter
- You are an innovative engineer with a prominent ‘can do and let’s try it’-attitude
- You are a team player with an agile mindset
- You appreciate taking responsibility and can work independently
- You have a ‘drive’ and don’t wait for instructions; still you are communicative and open about your work for information of, and discussion with, your team members
- You wish to make a difference and you are eager to help the team reach our common goals
- You can write English and speak Danish; or you are willing to learn Danish
What we offer
- A job working with innovative technology
- Lots of room for influence and creativity in collaboration with highly skilled colleagues
- An informal workplace with a fun and pleasant atmosphere
- Experienced and skilled colleagues with diverse backgrounds
Please submit your application and CV as soon as possible and no later than October 1 st , 2021. If you require further information about this position, please contact Recruitment Consultant, Sofie Nygaard at +45 29815637.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.
About T&W Engineering A/S
At T&W Engineering, we develop base technology for brain wave monitoring products designed to help and empower patients. We are focusing on small wearable embedded systems for minimal impact on patient’s everyday life. Some of our projects are co-founded by the Danish Technology Foundation (Højteknologifonden), and we cooperate with Aarhus University supporting academic research using our prototypes. We work closely with our sister company UNEEG medical A/S, which recently launched a solution for epilepsy patients - the world’s first device enabling ultra long-term brain wave monitoring. T&W Engineering A/S and UNEEG medical A/S are co-located in Lynge but will relocate to Allerød in September 2021. Read more at www.uneeg.com.