Ambitious Senior Data Scientist for supply chain and offshore logistics optimisation
Do you have the drive and passion to lead the advanced analytics transformation for the next generation wind farm operations? Are you interested in joining the world’s largest developer and operator of offshore wind power?
Join us and become Senior Data Scientist in Advanced Analytics which is responsible for leading the development, of new data-driven solutions based on advanced analytics methods. These solutions will improve the performance, reliability and integrity of the largest offshore wind farm fleet in the world. We work in an agile team consisting of Product Owners, Data Scientists, Engineers, IT developers and specialists within a variety of technical areas.
The department is part of Wind Power, which has 2200 employees and is one of four business units in DONG Energy. Wind Power is the world’s largest developer and operator of offshore wind power, and we use our unique knowledge in all phases of our wind turbine projects. During the last 20 years, we have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe, and we are expanding with international activities in the US and Asia-Pacific.
You will be based at our office in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area.
Your key tasks will be to
- build decision models for decision making under uncertainty
- perform inventory modelling leveraging your experience from implementing numerical optimisation methods designed for inventory, network and combinatorial optimisation
- create solutions for efficiency improvements in supply chains, optimise use of offshore logistics and lower cost of operations – a main focus is the development of analytical modelling and visualisation tools
- be responsible for building analytical tools that improve the economics in long and short term planning and logistics of spare parts, vessels, technicians, and maintenance plans for WTG and BoP
- optimise across sites, hubs, regions and portfolio, and includes e.g. methods for decision making under uncertainty.
Your role is also to help provide guidance in the creation of new metrics that quantify improvements resulting from the application of these optimisation models and tools.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- have a PhD or a master's degree in Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or a related field
- have experience designing and implementing optimisation models in supply-chain systems (eg, staff scheduling, logistics routing, and work order planning and contingency optimisation).
- have a deep understanding of MIP numerical programming techniques to leverage commercial algorithms and adapt them as required
- have work knowledge of smooth and non-smooth optimisation methods accompanied by associated expertise in the use of tools and the latest technology
- have experience applying forecasting and data mining techniques in an industrial setting.
Furthermore, you should possess good communication skills, enabling you to engage with both technical and business people. You have the ability to implement models and tools through the use of high-level modelling languages (eg R, Matlab). You have experience with prototyping and developing software in traditional programming languages (C++, Java, Python). You are familiar with SQL, SAP and have experience with very large-scale data. The ability to manipulate data by writing scripts (Perl, Ruby, Groovy) is considered a plus.
A unique and challenging job where you have every opportunity to develop your skills, when working on optimising the operations of some of the world's largest offshore wind projects. You will be assigned mentors in the team to secure a strong and fast development of your technical and analytical skillset to secure you continuously can take on more complex tasks, projects and roles.
In DONG Energy Wind Power, we have a high level of expertise and many complex and challenging work tasks. We work goal-oriented and efficiently with some of the world's largest offshore wind projects, and we are committed to reducing the cost of electricity.
Please do not hesitate to contact Jørgen Møller Nielsen, Product Owner, Advanced Analytics on telephone +45 9955 9798 if you want to know more about the position.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas as electronic files as soon as possible and no later than 30 September 2017 as we will be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 9955 9798