Dirac is a world-renowned audio technology company and one of the hottest IT companies in Sweden on a mission to invent the future of sound. Dirac’s digital sound optimization technologies have been adopted by some of the most respected and recognizable electronics manufacturers spanning the globe. Licensees include Harman, Huawei, OPPO, Xiaomi, OnePlus, Pioneer, BMW, Volvo, Rolls Royce, Bentley and many others. Dirac Research maintains its headquarters in Uppsala, Sweden, with R&D in Denmark and representatives in Japan, USA, Korea, Germany and China. Dirac grows rapidly, and the team currently consists of more than 70 people.
At Dirac you will be working with state-of-the art audio technologies in a dynamic and international environment. Dirac is currently significantly strengthening the organization in all areas, including R&D.
We are looking for experienced and enterprising algorithm professionals for multiple positions in our machine listening team, located in Copenhagen. As part of the R&D team, you will play a key role in pioneering future solutions for machine listening and computational auditory scene analysis, with initial focus on voice. The machine listening team is central in our efforts to seize opportunities in the ongoing rapid growth of advanced, premium and pervasive audio solutions. The team is characterized by a very high level of professional competences and experience, mutual respect, and an open and innovative work environment.
Working with audio and voice data, your work will entail algorithm analysis, design, optimization and implementation, while striking the right balance between performance, implementation complexity, architecture flexibility, as well as development efficiency and product quality. In bringing these areas together, automation is key. You will work in close collaboration with colleagues responsible for product definition and SW development.
The right candidates match one or more of the following profiles:
- Audio signal processing: Knowledge of and experience with audio or general signal analysis and processing, with proficiency in several of the areas of acoustic gain control, beamforming, impairment corrections, echo cancellation, noise reduction, speech algorithms, voice activity detection, speech and sound event modelling, and general tools for optimization, classification, regression, and clustering, - in addition to competences in statistics, signal analysis or adjacent areas.
- Machine learning / data-driven inference: Knowledge of and experience with modelling, estimation and inference for data-driven applications of supervised and unsupervised learning, from the audio domain or otherwise. You have in-depth theoretical understanding of and can apply state-of-the-art machine learning methods to pattern recognition problems such as feature extraction, feature learning, classification and estimation. Your experience with methods and implementations can include feature and metric learning, convolutional, deep or recurrent neural networks, hidden Markov models, support vector machines, non-linear optimization, Bayesian estimation and inference, graphical models and other state-of-the-art tools. Experience with application in both audio and other domains is a plus.
- Algorithm system design and algorithm DSP implementation: Experience with algorithm system design, software design, architecture design, and highly optimized algorithm and DSP implementations, targeting a wide range of platforms from highly capable down to domain specific and heavily resource constrained. Ability to perform in-depth algorithmic analyses and system level optimizations to identify best possible trade-offs between effectiveness (high performance) and efficiency (low implementation complexity). Desire to maximize synergy and drive optimal system-level trade-offs.
You have a proven track-record in bringing your exceptional academic background (at Master or Ph.D. level) to bear in a real-world engineering context, by efficiently bridging science and engineering.
Preferred candidates have:
- Exceptional academic qualifications, with specialization relevant to one or more of the profiles listed above.
- Significant and documented industry experience in algorithm development (including result analysis and presentation), implementation, verification and optimization in a relevant field.
- Strong experience with imperative programming (specifically C / C++, Python, and Matlab). Experience with software architecture (e.g. complexity management, dependency and state reduction, cohesion, design patterns, scalability), as well as software development and software quality assurance processes. Experience with developing and implementing algorithms targeting resource constrained platforms, generally as well as specifically for audio applications.
- Experience with software development on Linux and possibly Windows, and software engineering tools for revisioning control (e.g. Git, Bitbucket), code review (e.g. Gerrit), build (e.g. GCC, Clang, Visual Studio), testing (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo), debugging and profiling (e.g. Valgrind), and scripting. Experience with system administration is a plus.
- Capacity to balance your significant ability to organize and structure, with the need to innovate and think outside the box.
- Strong drive, and the persistence to stay on top of things and follow through, even under pressure.
- Understanding and appreciation of the commercial aspects of your projects.
- A team-oriented attitude, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in spoken and written English.
- Experience from international companies and collaboration with colleagues located in other sites.
This is an excellent opportunity for accomplished algorithm professionals to be part of a dedicated and highly competent team of peers. We offer challenging projects, great work environment and competitive compensation.
The positions are permanent, and to be filled as soon as possible. We will review applications, and perform assessment and interviews, continuously. For more information please contact HR & Office Coordinator Trine Mønsted, firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit your application via the "Ansøg" link, no later than 25-Mar-2019.