Algorithm Development Engineer, Production Test Algorithms
Fingerprints is seeking an engineer for algorithm development, to help us develop future biometric systems for mobile phones and other devices.
Fingerprints is seeking an engineer for algorithm development, to help us develop future biometric systems for mobile phones and other devices. Fingerprints is a leader in biometrics and designs whole system solutions, from advanced sensors and microelectronic packaging to algorithms and software for biometric recognition and applications on the target devices.
We are looking for a talented engineer for our algorithm team, located in Copenhagen and Gothenburg. As part of the team, you will join a significant R&D effort and play a key role in the development of biometric algorithms for current and future modalities, adapted to smartphones, PC’s, wearables, smartcards as well as other devices and business segments. The algorithm team is a central part of R&D, and is characterized by a very high level of professional competence and experience as well as an open and innovative work environment.
Working with biometric images and data, your main responsibilities will include analysis, design and implementation of algorithms relating production test measurements to biometric performance. The application of the algorithms targets R&D internal tools as well as production tools used in cooperation with our partners. Anchored in the algorithm team, you will contribute to development of biometric algorithms in general but will have specific focus on metrics and algorithms related to image quality and related impairments, originating e.g. from the sensor, the package or the surrounding environment. You will work in close cooperation with teams responsible for HW, microelectronic packaging, SW, production tool development and customer support.
Competences & Skills
The right candidates match the following profile:
- Master or Ph.D. level with academic qualifications within image or signal analysis and processing. Knowledge of and experience with image or general signal analysis and processing, with proficiency in several of the following: Image registration, computer vision, optimization, sensor control and impairment corrections, classification, regression, clustering, in addition to general competences in statistics, signal analysis, computational geometry or adjacent areas.
- Experience with imperative programming (specifically C/C++, Python, and Matlab).
- A team-oriented attitude, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Ability to proactively drive the technical development with internal stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in spoken and written English.
- Willing and able to travel up to 20 days per year.
This is an excellent opportunity for an algorithm professional to be part of a dedicated and highly competent team of peers. We offer challenging, intellectual projects, and competitive compensation.
Your application will be handled by our Recruitment Consultant, Maria Jaern Ekengren +46 70 7643499.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder