Algorithm development engineer, Iris recognition signal and image analysis
Help us simplify the world - beyond keys and pins!
We make things better - replacing keys and pins with biometrics - improving security, saving time and making life more convenient. With your curiosity, engagement, brilliant ideas and our knowledge of biometric technology, we can make genius things together!
About the company
Fingerprints is a leading global biometric company and our solutions are integrated into millions of devices and applications and used billions of times every day. We develop and deliver secure and convenient identification and authentication systems and create value by facilitating the everyday lives of our global user base. Fingerprints biometric systems consist of sensors, algorithms, software and packaging technologies. Our success is built on product development with leading specialist competence that spawns world-leading products in terms of security, user convenience and performance.
When joining us, you will become a part of a friendly, diverse and skilled team where we encourage each other to collaborate, come up with new ideas, share experiences and have fun.
About the role
We are looking for a talented algorithm developer to join our algorithm team, located in Copenhagen.
Your main responsibilities as an Iris recognition algorithm developer include algorithm analysis, design and implementation pertaining mainly to the core of our iris recognition engine. Key metrics guiding your work will be biometric performance, implementation complexity and architecture flexibility. You will work in close collaboration with hardware and software teams.
As part of our team, you will join a significant R&D effort and play a key role in the development of biometric algorithms for current and future modalities, adapted to smartphones, wearables, smartcards, as well as other devices and business segments. The algorithm team is a central part of R&D and is characterized by a high level of professional competence, as well as an open, friendly and innovative work environment.
Who you are
The right candidate matches topics from the following profiles, with Master or Ph.D. level academic qualifications:
- Signal analysis / mathematical modelling / machine learning: Knowledge of and experience with modelling, estimation and inference for data-driven applications of supervised and unsupervised learning. You have a solid understanding of and can develop, adapt and apply state-of-the-art learning methods to pattern recognition problems such as estimation of latent and purpose-built representations. Methods and implementations that you have experience with could include feature and metric learning, classification, regression, clustering, convolutional neural networks, support vector machines, convex/non-linear optimization and Bayesian estimation and inference.
- Image analysis / image processing / computer vision: Knowledge of and experience with image and/or general signal analysis and processing, with proficiency in several of the following areas: feature extraction, segmentation, registration/alignment, pattern recognition, impairment modelling and compensation, in addition to general competences in statistics, signal analysis, computational geometry or adjacent fields. You have an ability to perform system-level optimizations and/or in-depth algorithmic analyses, in order to identify trade-offs between effectiveness and efficiency, for example, in order to operate within a given computational budget.
Additional competences & skills
- You have significant programming experience in C/C++, Python, Scala, Java, and/or Matlab.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills and fluency in spoken and written English.
- You have industry experience in algorithm development, verification and optimization are considered an advantage.
- You are a team player with a positive problem-solving attitude.
- You are open to learn new things and are driven by a deep technical interest.
- You can drive assignments independently and self-manage priorities.
- Experience with software development and software quality assurance processes are considered an advantage.
- Experience with optical imaging systems and system design are considered an advantage.
The selection process will start as soon as we receive applications. If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact the hiring manager, Sr. Director, Kent Pedersen at email@example.com. If you have questions regarding your application, please send an email to HR, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.