AI Network Specialist/Scientist
Do you have a solid understanding of AI Imagine processing systems? Are you passionate about working with early technologies? Do you thrive in a small team working environment with the ability to have a big influence on the success of the company?
The newly established position as AI Technology Engineer is based at Ambu headquarters in Ballerup. You will join an established team in Technology Research and Image Processing where highly dedicated colleagues are constantly working to develop and improve the Ambu brand.
Ambu develops, manufactures and sells medical devices. Millions of patients and healthcare professionals depend on the functionality and performance of Ambu’s products worldwide. Ambu wants to be first in line and deliver new and innovative devices, which rethink existing processes and combine several technologies.
Working closely with highly specialized AI developers within the AI team, the new AI Network Specialist position, offers you the opportunity to craft deep learning approaches to solve medical imaging problems, with the goal of improving workflow and clinical outcome for Ambu’s visualization devices. The position will, primarily, be responsible for:
- Conceiving, in cooperation with the AI team, AI solutions that can improve upon identified clinical shortcomings and challenges.
- Curating and analyzing data collected from clinical sites, ensuring the highest possible data quality for the specific clinical challenge at hand.
- Designing, implementing and optimizing state of the art, deep learning networks.
- Supporting the clinical studies necessary to evaluate the clinical, technical and economic evaluation of the developed AI technologies.
- Generating high-quality patents and top tier technical/clinical publications.
- Continuing, after building prototypes that demonstrate the promise, you will collaborate with the innovation teams to integrate your work into products.
- Keeping up with the latest DL research by studying articles and attending conferences/courses.
Approximately 20-30 travel days per year will be required for the role.
Highly Motivated Candidate
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate with a deep understanding for AI Image processing systems. You have knowledge of the current standards used in AI image processing. As a person you are self-driven and motivated and have an innovative and user centric mindset. Understanding of network design and modification possibilities is also a benefit. Finally, knowledge of algorithm development and testing of algorithms is important.
Other professional and personal competencies include:
- A M.Sc./PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in computer vision, medical imaging, deep learning or statistical learning
- Extensive knowledge of the state-of-the-art deep learning algorithms.
- Excellent rapid prototyping skills with medical imaging applications using Python; C++.
- Excellent knowledge and development experience of common deep learning frameworks and packages (Caffe, Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc.).
- Knowledge of GPU programming is a plus
- Knowledge of medical imaging processing is a big plus.
- Prior experience working with physicians to identify problems and assessing possible deep learning solutions is a plus.
Given the international environment of Ambu, it is essential that you have excellent communication and English skills, both written and oral.
Ambu – a visionary and international workplace where your efforts matter
Ambu is a company that expands rapidly and has ambitious growth targets. We meet these targets through interdisciplinary teamwork between motivated and highly skilled employees. Your contributions and efforts are crucial to our success and by joining us, you will get the opportunity to work in an international head office with an informal working environment.
We offer a wide range of professional, social and financial employee benefits in addition to exciting job challenges and continuous professional and personal development.
How to Apply
You can get more information about the job and about Ambu A/S by Director of Technology Research, Finn A. Sonnenborg +45 7225 2000,
If you are interested in applying for the position, then please apply as soon as possible and no later than 30 May 2020.
All applications will be treated confidentially.
Since 1937, breakthrough ideas have fuelled our work on bringing efficient healthcare solutions to life. This is what we create within our fields of excellence – Anaesthesia, Patient Monitoring & Diagnostics, and Emergency Care. Millions of patients and healthcare professionals worldwide depend on the functionality and performance of our products. We are dedicated to improve patient safety and determined to advance single-use devices. The manifestations of our efforts range from early inventions like the Ambu Bag™ resuscitator and the legendary BlueSensor™ electrodes to our newest landmark solutions like the Ambu aScope™ – the world’s first single-use flexible endoscope. Our commitment to bringing new ideas and superior service to our customers has made Ambu one of the most recognized medical companies in the world. Headquartered near Copenhagen in Denmark, Ambu employs approximately 3,100 people in Europe, North America and the Asia Pacific. For more information, please visit www.ambu.com
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.