It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
For our Bearing department within Offshore Technology we are looking for an experienced Engineer who can be a further enrichment of our Technology Development for Bearings within the field of journal bearings.
Our department is responsible for the structural integrity, design of the bearings and technology development of bearing technologies for main and blade bearings.
You will work closely with our Technology and Technology Development departments in which new products and technologies are designed, developed, matured and tested, and various other departments of our Offshore business.
How to contribute to our vision
As our new Advanced Engineer you will be responsible of oil film analysis of journal bearings, testing and validation of journal bearings on small- and full-scale test platforms as well as analysis of measurement data from test and turbines
It is also a part of the role to contact suppliers on material development and qualification and build interface to other departments such as our Service and Operation, and act as point of contact, when implementing new solutions
Other tasks are:
- Specification of condition monitoring of test and turbine
- Technical specifications and input to DFMEA and DRA
- Sparring with FE, CAD and Mechanical bearing specialists
- Close cooperation with prototype workshop, production, procurement, quality and other Technology interfaces within the department and outside
- Align design stages with suppliers together with procurement and our mechanical specialist
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change.
The ideal candidate holds a master’s degree or a Ph.D. in structural, mechanical or marine engineering and has experience with design of fluid film bearings as well as in product development and knowledge of project management
To be a success in the role:
- You possess good system understanding and can combine it with common sense
- You can challenge the suppliers on cost, time and quality through always having knowledge about should costing
- You are outgoing, proactive and possess the ability to work both independently and in teams
- You are structured and innovative and your approach to task solving is both technically sound and commercially viable
- You are determined and persistent with strong communication and collaboration skills
- You are motivated by making things happen and take pride in keeping people informed and updated on progress
- Preferably you have experience with Matlab and Ansys
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
In return of your commitment we offer you…
Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come. We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality. We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization. Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable) and local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact the hiring manager Eric Knudsen via phone +45 3067 8165.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via email@example.com. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
Please apply in English via the ANSØG button.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
For more information about working in Denmark, please see this link: https://www.siemensgamesa.com/explore/journal/wind-engineers-in-denmark
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.