Dynaudio, the legendary Danish loudspeaker maker, is looking for 2 new Acoustics Engineers for our Automotive R&D team at the HQ in Skanderborg.
About the jobs
As an Acoustics Engineer, you will become a member of the Automotive development team. We ensure optimal solutions for new speaker units and sound systems. Our role is to create unique products and awesome experiences for our customers (car manufacturers) and end-users (people driving the cars).
Your main responsibility as an Acoustics Engineer is to ensure the research and design of excellent Automotive sound systems as well as support colleagues in our Chinese Automotive Business Unit. This means, integrating all system parts as well as the acoustic design and improving:
- Electro-acoustics on active filter design as well as full signal flow, signal processing and into speakers, materials, amplifier testing/sourcing, cabling and connectors etc.
- Mechano-acoustics working with speaker shape, surface and volume, speaker placement in cars, materials, grille design/openings etc.
- Acoustical performance of both linear and (more importantly) non-linear properties
- Sound tuning using various software tools both commercial and customized
- Our product- and technology development process.
- Proper use of scientific methods and documentation for acoustical development.
About the department
We’re a team of 12 colleagues (soon to be 14) ensuring the optimal development and design of best-in-class automotive sound systems. We each have our strengths and main responsibilities but it is the teamwork that sparks the success. We are a part of the R&D department in Dynaudio consisting of around 30 colleagues in Denmark and 50+ colleagues in China. Everyone in Dynaudio is a part of the final product and we focus on cooperation and treating each other professionally.
You hold a B.Sc. or an M.Sc. in Electronics/Mechanics Engineering specialising in acoustics and to succeed in the role it is essential that you have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience from a similar role in the audio industry
- A subjective and objective terminology understanding of audio
- An analytic and academic approach to problem solving finding realistic and pragmatic solutions
- A knowledge of electronic systems such as amplifiers and digital signal processors like Sigma and AudioWeawer
- A fundamental knowledge of speaker functionality and design.
- Experience or familiarity with various measurement methods and tools such as Audio Precision, Klippel and SoundCheck.
You have experience from playing or recording/mixing music or you have a great interest in either playing, mixing or listening to music. Either way, you care about great sound quality!
You are interested in learning the practicalities of the complex acoustics within automotive audio and motivated to become our next expert. You are interested in learning more about China and working with colleagues from around the world and you are ready to travel around 70 days a year.
As a person, you are controlled, considered and concise. You are a team player with calm and firm communication skills.
Finally, you speak ‘nerd’ just as well as you speak ‘layman’ in order to cooperate with the entire organization as well as customers and suppliers.
English is our main company language, so you’ll need to be comfortably fluent in both writing and speaking it too.
About what we offer
An exciting job in an international company with good professional and personal development opportunities, and where you influence the company´s further development.
You’ll have a chance to listen to the music you love on some truly amazing speakers (including getting the opportunity to buy them at a pleasing discount), and even get to see behind the scenes on how they’re made, tested and designed in-house at the factory.
The salary is negotiated individually at a level that corresponds to the position requirements and your qualifications.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Director, R&D Bjarke Pihl Bovbjerg via BPB@dynaudio.com or +45 51 38 28 01.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Dynaudio is one of the world's largest speaker manufacturers. Founded in 1977 in Skanderborg, Denmark, we have more than 40 years of experience in producing high-end speakers.
Today, Dynaudio exports to 80 countries around the world and has received awards everywhere for the products. Dynaudio today has approx. 300 employees. Development and production take place in Skanderborg, where Dynaudio, in collaboration with VW and other highly regarded car manufacturers, also develops sound systems. Dynaudio has extreme quality requirements and is highly certified.
Late in 2014, Goertek Inc., China, acquired the majority shares of Dynaudio. Goertek Inc. is world leader in the development and manufacturing of 3D glasses and Bluetooth equipment. They’re also the top producer of microphones, flat screens and micro loudspeakers/transducers in the world.