- use your knowledge of acoustics to change lives
Would you like to be the mind behind acoustic solutions for our hearing aids?
We offer an outward-looking role where you will collaborate with multiple skill areas on finding the best solutions that will improve the lives of people with hearing problems.
We know sound
Joining Acoustic Development in Ballerup, Denmark, you become part of a group of 13 skilled engineers. We are specialized in everything related to hearing aid acoustics, from transducers to the final product. Our common goal is to provide the very best hearing aid experience for consumers worldwide.
We have acoustic R&D teams in Copenhagen and Xiamen, and in addition to working alongside your colleagues at our Danish HQ, you will collaborate with our development and manufacturing team in Xiamen on maturing devices for manufacturing.
“In our team, we pull together as a unit and focus on collaborating and supporting each other while having an unformal and open minded atmosphere. We develop cutting edge new products, that really helps the end users, while having fun and a good time achieving our goals,” says Manager Jonas Raun Hansen.
Facilitate the best possible sound
You will partake in ongoing product development projects through the development of acoustic solutions for hearing aids, with special focus on vibro-acoustic optimization, shock protection, transducer selection and implementation. The projects are a cross-functional collaboration dedicated to developing state-of-the-art products for our award-winning portfolio.
The key technical tasks are:
- Understanding the customer and end-user needs
- Design and evaluate general acoustic performance and stability of hearing instruments
- Vibro-acoustic optimization of designs including simulations and analysis of prototypes
- Mature new ideas into proven concepts that are prototyped and tested
- Document and present results of acoustic investigations
- Integrate and optimize entire new hearing systems and verify performance
As a person you are:
- Positive and open minded
- A team player with the mindset of supporting and helping your colleagues
- Self-driven with good communication and stakeholder management skills
- Innovative and creative
- Structured and fact based
Understand the electroacoustic systems
One of your success criteria is understanding our colleagues’ work within the different skill areas and to develop knowledge of the systems and how everything plays together:
”Your biggest challenge will be to understand the acoustic subset of our hearing aids on a system level and how the electroacoustic work of our team fits together with other disciplines,” explains Jonas.
Collaborative engineer with cross-functional mindset
What is most important for you to succeed in this role, is the combination of acoustics and development work in your skillset and knowledge bank. Furthermore, it is vital that you can familiarize yourself with other specialist expertise areas and communicate and collaborate effectively with colleagues across departments.
- You have a master’s or Ph.D. degree within acoustic engineering or similar qualifications
- You have 5+ years’ experience and have worked professionally with vibro-acoustic development
- You have preferably 5-10 years of R&D experience
- You speak and write English effortlessly
- You are self-driven with good communication skills and good at collaborating with colleagues and stakeholders
- You have a solid experience within FEM simulation (preferably Abaqus or Comsol) as well as acoustic and vibration measurements
- You have a deep knowledge within transducer design
- Experience with hearing aids, acoustic transducers, acoustic signal processing and Matlab programming is an advantage
Would you like to know more?
To apply, use the ‘ANSØG’ link no later than May 21st, 2021. Applications are assessed on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Acoustic Development Manager Jonas Raun Hansen on +45 2246 0431.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.