Acoustic Engineer - use your knowledge of acoustics to change lives
Would you like to be the mind behind acoustic solutions for our hearing aids?
We offer an outward-looking role where you will collaborate with multiple skill areas on finding the best solutions that will improve the lives of people with hearing problems.
We know sound
Joining Acoustic Development in Ballerup, Denmark, you become part of a group of 11 engineers. We specialize in everything acoustics for hearing aids, from transducers to the final product. Our common goal is to provide the very best hearing aid experience for consumers worldwide.
We have acoustic R&D teams in Copenhagen, Chicago and Xiamen, China, and in addition to working alongside your colleagues at our Danish HQ, you will collaborate with our manufacturing team in Xiamen on maturing devices for manufacturing.
“In our team, we pull together as a unit and focus on collaboration. Even though everyone has their own area of responsibility, we discuss what we do openly, share knowledge, review each other’s work and make an effort to be interested in each other’s specialist areas,” says Manager Helga Björk Magnúsdóttir.
Facilitate the best possible sound
You will partake in ongoing product development projects through the development of acoustic solutions for hearing aids, including directionality, noise reduction, sound quality and vibro-acoustic stability. The projects are a cross-functional collaboration dedicated to developing state-of-the-art products for our award-winning portfolio.
- Mature new ideas into proven concepts that are prototyped and tested
- Document and present results of acoustic investigations
- Design and evaluate general acoustic performance and stability of hearing instruments in close collaboration with mechanical engineers
- Perform acoustical measurements according to standards for technical datasheets and country specific reports
Understand the electroacoustic systems
One of your success criteria is understanding our colleagues’ work within the different skill areas and to develop knowledge of the systems and how everything plays together:
”Your biggest challenge will be to understand the acoustic subset of our hearing aids on a system level and how the electroacoustic work of our team fits together with other disciplines,” explains Helga.
Collaborative engineer with cross-functional insight
What is most important for you to succeed in this role, is the combination of acoustics and development work in your skillset and knowledge bank. Furthermore, it is vital that you can familiarize yourself with other specialist expertise areas and communicate and collaborate effectively with colleagues across departments.
- You have a master’s degree within acoustic engineering or similar qualifications
- You have 5+ years’ experience and have worked with acoustic development - from your studies or from a professional environment
- You have experience with/in collaborating in interdisciplinary project teams
- You speak and write English effortlessly
- You have experience with MATLAB, LabVIEW, acoustic transducers and acoustic signal processing
Would you like to know more?
To apply, use the ‘Ansøg’ link no later than July 26, 2019. Applications are assessed on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Manager Helga Björk Magnúsdóttir on +45 3122 7399.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.