Academic Technician at the Department of Chemistry, Aarhus University: Mass spectrometry, analytical and atmospheric chemistry
The Department of Chemistry is seeking applications for an academic employee (AC-TAP). The position includes scientific, administrative as well as teaching duties at the Department of Chemistry within organic analytical chemistry and atmospheric chemistry. The intended start date for this appointment is February 1st, 2018, or as soon as possible.
The candidate is expected to contribute to:
- Maintenance and management of the mass spectrometers at the department such as HPLC-ToF-MS and GC-MS, including assistance of users
- Assistance of users/students from the organic research groups in advanced MS-experiments
- Maintenance and management of Aerosol Mass Spectrometer, including assisting in data-interpretation, analysis and training of students.
- Overlooking the operation and maintenance of an Environmental Chamber Facility and assistance of users.
- To some degree, management, maintenance and development of instrumentation in atmospheric chemistry, including planning of laboratory and field campaigns.
- Assist students in development and implementation of control and data collection software
- participate in teaching of relevant laboratory courses in chemistry
- Various duties related to the Department of Chemistry
The candidate will be a part of a team, which supports research using MS spectroscopy including LC-MS and GC-MS, and its applications in chemistry, and which shares some of the daily duties in maintenance of the instrument park at the Department related to organic analytical chemistry. Furthermore, the candidate will provide support to the atmospheric chemistry research groups.
The successful candidate must have solid understanding of chemistry and a strong background in instrumentation, instrument control software, and data collection as well as experience in implementation of advanced experiments. Good technical understanding of mass spectrometry and experience in aerosol instrumentation is considered a plus. The candidate should have an MSc or PhD degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, nanoscience, physics or similar.
We offer a challenging and independent job opportunity in an ambitious and inspiring research and education environment with an informal atmosphere. We are looking for a dynamic employee who is able to work independently and maintain an overview during periods of high workload. We expect that you are efficient at planning your time and organizing major tasks. You enjoy interaction with both scientific staff, students and technical-administrative staff and you have a flair for establishing collaborative relationships.
The application must be in English and include a curriculum vitae, publication list, degree certificate, and a description of previous relevant merits. The application should include the names and e-mail addresses of three people who can provide a letter of reference.
Read more about the Department of Chemistry at www.chem.au.dk.
The place of work is Langelandsgade 140, 8000 Aarhus, and the area of employment is Aarhus University with related departments.
For further information on the position please contact Prof. Merete Bilde (tel +45 8715 6684, email@example.com) or Head of Department of Chemistry, Prof. Birgit Schiøtt (tel +45 2982 6882; firstname.lastname@example.org).
Formalities and salary range
Salary and terms as agreed between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Confederation of Professional Unions.
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply, regardless of their personal background.
All applications must be made online and received by: 30.11.2017
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 8715 6684