Environment and Permitting Specialist
Environment and Permitting Specialist (m/f) for development and realisation of German offshore wind projects
Would you like to be involved in coordinating and developing technical concepts to ensure compliance with authority consents for our offshore wind farms?
Join us and become our new Environment & Permitting Specialist working on our large-scale offshore wind farm projects in Germany. You will be part of the Environment & Permitting Department, which is responsible for performing tasks relating to environmental, permitting/consenting and stakeholder issues throughout the project life of all our offshore wind farms in Northern Europe and overseas markets. We ensure that our wind farms comply with environmental and planning regulations and are developed in such a way that impacts on the environment and surroundings are minimised.
The department is part of Wind Power which has 1800 employees and is one of four business units in DONG Energy. Wind Power is the world's largest developer and operator of offshore wind power, and we use our unique knowledge in all phases of our wind turbine projects. During the last 20 years, we have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe, and we are expanding with international activities in the US and Asia-Pacific.
You may choose freely to be based either at one of our Danish offices in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area or in Skærbæk near Fredericia or alternatively at our Hamburg office in Germany on local terms and conditions. However, you should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
You will report to the head of department in general; however, you will report to the Consent/Permit Project Manager in relation to project work.
Your key tasks will be to
- work closely with the technical teams, consent/permit manager and certification manager to prepare deliverables for the authorities, particularly in relation to topics within your area of expertise, for example shipping and navigation issues
- develop scopes of work and manage consultants undertaking surveys and studies to support the authority permitting processes
- participate in meetings with the authorities and other relevant stakeholders on specialist topics
- participate actively in sharing and building up knowledge in the organisation.
Additionally, you will keep up to date on relevant planning and consenting/permitting policy, guidance and key stakeholder initiatives.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- have a degree or equivalent in environmental/natural science, maritime or naval science or engineering
- have relevant work experience from the wind/offshore/maritime industries or the consultancy industry or from other large-scale construction projects or authorities
- have strong communication skills to support working with multiple stakeholders and speak and write German and English fluently - knowledge of other languages will also be an advantage
- have expert knowledge of topics relevant for planning and permitting offshore wind farms, for example navigation/aviation marking or ship collision analysis - other relevant permitting knowledge will also be considered
- have a strong personal drive and are able to handle numerous tasks simultaneously without losing perspective.
Additionally, you are able to deliver excellent results through teamwork. Maritime or naval experience will be an advantage, and other technical backgrounds relevant to the position will be considered. Preferably, you also have experience with project management, including management of consultants.
A unique and challenging job where you have every opportunity to develop your skills, when you work on some of the world's largest offshore wind projects.
In DONG Energy Wind Power, we have a high level of expertise and many complex and challenging work tasks. We work goal-oriented and efficiently with some of the world's largest offshore wind projects, and we are committed to reducing the cost of electricity.
For Denmark, please do not hesitate to contact Emma Hospes, Head of Environmental Management, on telephone +45 9955 4978 if you want to know more about the position.
For Germany, please do not hesitate to contact Andrea von der Ropp, Senior HR Business Partner in P&D Germany, by email on email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas as electronic files, via the "Ansøg" link as soon as possible and no later than 31 August 2017, as we will be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder