System Engineer - Climate & Environment Adaption
As a market leader Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy supplies Wind Turbines delivering electricity in all areas of the word. Some of the turbines operate day in and day out in the most harsh conditions with long cold winters. Pushing the limits for how much electricity we can extract from the wind even when the turbines are covered by ice is just one of the challenges we tackle every day.
We now offer a position where correlations of measured data from the sites and advanced control algorithms are to be identified and methods for optimization of the operational strategy have to be tested in real life.
Are you up for this challenge?
For our System Level Control team, within Technology Engineering we are looking for a competent and passionate engineer with the right the knowledge and the experience to be our next lead engineer for Cold Climate Engineering. The System Level Control Team is based in Brande and is staffed with highly skilled engineers within turbine functional engineering. You will become a part of a small team which in accordance with our strategical roadmap are developing and improving technologies for highly specialized areas.
What are my responsibilities?
- Contributing to technology development projects to develop new or expanded functionality for turbines operating under cold conditions.
- Contributing to new product development projects to improve turbine performance through system development
- Writing requirement specifications for developing new solutions.
- Running analysis tools to test cold features and analyze features impact on annual energy production
- Planning and performing validation studies to compare computational analysis with field performance data
- Collecting and processing data gathered from field test turbines
- Interfacing closely with stakeholders both inside and outside of Technology Engineering
- Broad interface across the organization, where you will be cooperating with senior project managers heading wind turbine development projects and senior technical staff as well as core specialist, customer representatives and grid operators
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have a degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years’ experience working in wind turbine design or analysis
- Knowledge of designing, specifying, assembling, and using instrumentation and data acquisition systems
- Strong desire and ability to solve difficult technical challenges through innovation, dedication and cooperation with a global team
- You are proactive and structured, you have a holistic mindset and strong analytic skills, and you maintain solid oversight of projects.
- It is essential that you are able to work and thrive both independently and in a team environment
- You have a result-oriented approach to your work and are capable of keeping a sense of perspective during hectic situations.
- You thrive in an international organization
- Ability to communicate both orally and in written reports
- You are willing and able to travel internationally
- You are fluent in English, both orally and in writing
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Denmark is a core part of Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 7.500 employees out of a global staff of more than 27.000 work with wind power solutions in Denmark. Read more at www.siemens.com/windpower.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
By joining Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy you will become part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is an important part of the agenda. We prioritize being responsible for our employees’ health and well-being, and we offer many employee benefits.
If you want to know more please go to:
Apply online in English for the job via the "Ansøg" link. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you have specific questions about the position please contact the hiring manager Per Langfeldt via phone +45 5167 3134
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via email@example.com. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may not be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder