Would you like to be part of an international team bringing IT and energy logistics closer together?
Join us and become our new Application Consultant in the Logistics Services department which is responsible for bringing the business and IT closer together, creating value for our customers, primarily in gas and power dispatching, Wind Power and Thermal Power. As an Application Consultant in Logistics Services, you will work with various and complex systems, especially EDM applications supporting the handling of gas and power commodities at Dong Energy.
The department is part of our Group functions, which cover Group Support, Group Finance & Services and IT. In IT, we focus our efforts on supporting the entire business and ensuring that the company works as a professional, reliable and responsible company.
You will be an important member of the team, which consists of seven dedicated colleagues and work closely with cross-functional teams to assist in day-to-day operational support, trouble shooting and fault localisation of the EDM platforms and applications.
You will be based at our office in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area. However, you should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Your key duties will be to
- perform second-level application support as well as requirement analysis and definition in regards to projects and changes
- participate in the planning and design of complex custom solutions
- participate in application configuration and development
- perform application lifecycle management
- participate in programming and data querying on our systems for custom solutions.
Moreover, you will liaise with a diverse set of business and IT stakeholders, identify opportunities to improve processes and offer quality suggestions for change.
As the team supports business-critical applications, you will be part of an on-duty shift setup, where you will be on call for one week approx. every two or three months.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- have a relevant IT degree or a relevant background within IT combined with a graduate education
- have experience with user support and/or application development. Experience within the financial/ energy commodities markets is an advantage, but not a requirement
- have strong IT skills (AVS, JVS, Open Components, API's, Java, PL/SQL, etc.) and are familiar with programming languages such as VBA or .Net. Experience within application development projects is essential
- have strong analytical skills and focus on quality and detail
- speak and write English fluently.
You should furthermore be quick to learn and adapt, thrive in an ever-changing environment, and you are customer-oriented, proactive and independent. You are a team player with excellent collaboration skills.
An exciting and international working environment filled with dedicated and skilled professionals and a close collaboration with other departments, including trading and development departments. A possibility to develop your personal and professional competences within European energy trading.
In DONG Energy IT, we have a high level of expertise and many complex and challenging tasks. We work focused on supporting our business, and we build up internal competences, which have a significant impact on our core business. Working for us, you will experience extensive business insight and a strong sense of responsibility.
Please do not hesitate to contact Claes Damlund, Team Lead in Logistics Services, on telephone +45 9955 5295 if you want to know more about the position.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas as electronic files by 20 August 2017.
Click on the button to submit your application.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder