Senior Enzyme Specialist, REnescience
Would you like to be part of an exciting project aiming at recycling and changing household waste into sustainable energy using enzymes?
Join us and become Senior Enzyme Specialist in our Innovation & Research team in REnescience. You will join a team of nine dedicated and ambitious colleagues that are responsible for characterising and developing the REnescience process and innovate this technology further. We are currently building the first full-scale REnescience plant for handling household waste in the UK, and our ambition is to become one of the world's leading suppliers of technology within this field.
Innovation & Research is part of Bioenergy and Thermal Power, which has 800 employees and is one of four business units in DONG Energy. We own just below half of the thermal production capacity in Denmark and are at the forefront of the development within efficient use of biomass and reduction of the environmental impact through innovative bio-refining technologies.
You will be based at our location in Ballerup in the Greater Copenhagen area. However, you should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Your key tasks will be to
- characterise and optimise enzyme process steps in relation to the full-scale REnescience facility
- design experiments, including data analysis and reporting on both laboratory, pilot, demonstration and commercial scale
- drive the collaboration with our enzyme sourcing partner
- find and implement new technologies within enzyme processes.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- have a master's or PhD degree in enzymology, biotech or a similar technical background with extensive experience from the industry and a proven track record in the field of enzymes
- have a passion for challenging conventions and a drive for reaching results
- have hands-on laboratory experience and preferably prior experience with leading project teams and external collaboration
- excellent communication skills enabling you to communicate complex matters in a professional and straightforward way
- speak and write English fluently.
In addition to being proactive, systematic and persistent, you are also a team player
We are in the middle of an exciting development process, and your job will bring many new challenges every day. You should therefore be able to prioritise your tasks and see documentation as a natural part of the job.
Your scientific background combined with your experience within the enzyme field will be important for your professional dialogue with our partners within academia and industry and for designing and managing in-house laboratory work.
A unique and challenging job in a dynamic and informal environment. You will have excellent opportunities for influencing the development of one of the world's new technologies within sustainable treatment and usage of household waste or non-food biomass.
In DONG Energy Bioenergy & Thermal Power, we have a high level of expertise and many complex and challenging work tasks. We work dedicated with our thermal projects; we have increased the share of biomass significantly in our electricity and heat production, and we are continuously working on optimising and streamlining our power stations.
Please do not hesitate to contact Louise Rasmussen, Manager of Innovation and Research, on telephone +45 9955 9822 if you want to know more about the position.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas as electronic files as soon as possible and no later than 6 August 2017, as we will be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Click on the button to submit your application.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder