Senior Researcher in Oral Drug Delivery
A post as senior researcher is available for occupations as of 1 November or as soon as possible thereafter.
The position is in the Microbial Biotechnology and Biorefining Research Group, DTU National Food Institute. The group’s research activities are centered on both fundamental and applied biotechnology, with the view to establishing a basis for effective bioconversion of a wide range of renewable feedstocks into useful industrial products. Our research focuses on the entire value chain from raw material, pre-treatment, engineering and adaption of both bacterial and yeast strains as microbial cell factories, fermentation optimization and product characterization. The job will focus on a new area within the research group, which is the development of a bacterial oral drug delivery platform with both in vitro and in vivo work related to allergy, diabetes, obesity as well as Inflammatory bowels disease.
Responsibilities and tasks
For the senior researcher, the position includes a leading role in developing and leading the new research area (oral drug delivery), establishing new alliances, and developing applications for external funding. Furthermore, senior researcher is expected to have experience in patenting and innovation. A success criteria is developing innovative solutions that can be applied in society and industry.
The senior researcher is expected to have knowledge on scientific studies within allergy, diabetes/obesity and bacterial oral drug delivery and to take a leading role in publishing the scientific results that will be achieved.
As the research area is established, teaching may be an increasing task in the job. Focus will be on teaching bachelor and graduate students in courses Biological Chemistry taught in Danish as well as in English. Furthermore, supervising and supporting doctoral students and early career team members will also be a central task.
The position includes international collaboration and collaboration with internal stakeholders at DTU’s other institutes as well as internally at DTU Food. In particular collaboration with colleagues and partners in the Alleviate project, an Innovation Fund Denmark project.
- hold a PhD degree or equivalent as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding a position as Researcher or Postdoc.
- document didactic/pedagogic training
Applicants are expected to have:
- Proven scientific qualifications in the area RNA biology, intestinal biology, diabetes and IBD.
- Experience in the field of allergy as well as in-depth knowledge of peanut allergy and recombinant production.
- Proven experience with both in vivo and in vitro work.
- Experience or interest for teaching at university level and supervision experience of B.Eng., B.Sc., M.Sc. and PhD level.
- Proven start-up experience within life science and clean tech.
- Fluently in speaking, writing and understanding English and Danish – or willingness to learn Danish within few years
In the assessment of the candidate consideration will be given to:
- Scientific production and research potential at international level.
- Innovative skills and the ability to generate new ideas.
- The ability to promote and utilize research results /ideas into value in start-up.
- An all-round experience basis in teaching and supervision on Danish as well as English
- The ability to contribute to the development of internal and external cooperation
Consideration will also be given to the ability to communicate and write in Danish.
We offer an interesting and challenging job in an international environment focusing on education, research, and innovation and start-ups, which contribute to enhancing the economy and improving social welfare. We strive for academic excellence, collegial respect and freedom tempered by responsibility. The Technical University of Denmark (DTU) is a leading technical university in northern Europe and benchmarks with the best universities in the world.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union. The position as senior researcher is permanent.
More information can be found here: Career paths at DTU.
Further information may be obtained from Head of Research Group for Microbial Biotechnology and Biorefining, Professor Peter Ruhdal Jensen on email email@example.com or by phone +45 4525 2510.
You can read more about DTU Food www.food.dtu.dk.
Please submit your online application no later than 15 August 2017. Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply," fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications indicating scientific highlights
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
- Documentation for participation in teacher training courses
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder