Department Manager - Data Science & Governance
Pioneer a brighter future
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact. We use science to advance industries, and as part of Research, Innovation and Supply, you will help find the biological answers and build the new businesses that can pave the way for a brighter future.
Department Manager, Data Science & Governance, Bagsværd
Novozymes has embarked on a journey where we further strengthen our ability to innovate fast based and more advanced use of our research data. Novozymes has a strong foundation on traceability of key research data, and management of our massive amounts of genomics data. We wish to leverage this base while we increase the productivity of the global science community by providing seamless and intuitive access to experimental data, and state of the art data science and visualization tools.
To support us reaching our objectives we are currently looking for a new head of the Data Science & Governance department, anchored in Scientific Data Management & Analysis within Novozymes Research & Technology.
As Department Manager of Data Science & Governance, you will be responsible for leading and further developing a team of highly skilled professionals. Your team will be delivering supporting services to your colleges across the global Novozymes research community within the areas of data science, data management and governance of large amounts of scientific data. You will play a central role in the digital journey of Novozymes research.
Your area of responsibility includes:
- Ensure department priorities and roadmaps are aligned with the overall Novozymes business goals, and clearly communicated to all relevant stakeholders
- Working closely with Novozymes leadership, scientists and lab technicians to anchor processes by which experimental data is collected in the lab, stored and secured, so that it is accessible for data driven research
- Driving the implementation of data science and analytics tools, and establishing and delivering relevant training in these
- Implementing a data governance set-up based on industry best practices that safeguard data while keeping agility high
- Help establishing and driving a community across Novozymes research, where data science and analytics can flourish and further drive our use of scientific data.
- Safeguard that our internal customers in Novozymes experience services delivered by Scientific Data Management & Analysis as consistent and easy to consume. This covers streamlined communications and stakeholder engagement, portfolio overviews, and overall transparency in our deliverables and services.
If you enjoy challenges and have an entrepreneurial mindset, this job will give a unique opportunity of impacting and improving how researchers in Novozymes use data science to support their research.
Please expect some travel as part of your job.
In this position, you need to:
- Have a Master's Degree in computer science, bioinformatics, statistics, or relevant disciplines.
- Have a strong and documented experience of leadership of people within IT, Analytics or Data Science, supported by strong networking skills
- Have knowledge of data governance, and business or scientific processes in international enterprises.
- Have domain knowledge in microbiology, molecular biology, lab processes and bioinformatics are a plus, and could be even further supported by knowledge of: Python, R, Jmp, Tableau
- Have a tenacious yet adaptable mindset that helps you drive for results through your team and stakeholders. You have a collaborative and influential approach and a strong customer focus.
- Be fluent in English as you will work closely with colleagues of many different nationalities.
Are you the next Zymer in our team? Consider a career with Novozymes and let's realize your potential together.
Novozymes is the world leader in biological solutions. Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet's resources and helping build better lives. As the world's largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bioinnovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow. www.novozymes.com
For more information please contact Søren Stenz Egestad on +45 3077 3303. Please expect some delay in response, due to summer holidays.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder