Structural Engineer for design of offshore steel structures
Would you like to be a key part of our structural design of monopile foundations for our future offshore wind farms?
Join us and become Structural Engineer in our Primary Structures department. You will design monopiles for offshore wind turbines from the conceptual phase to detailed design as well as update and verify calculations of existing structures. Furthermore, you have the opportunity to participate in technology development work, such as development of calculation methods and calculation tools.
The department is part of Wind Power which has 1800 employees and is one of four business units in DONG Energy. Wind Power is the world’s largest developer and operator of offshore wind power, and we use our unique knowledge in all phases of our wind turbine projects. During the last 20 years, we have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe, and we are expanding with international activities in the US and Asia-Pacific.
You may choose freely to be based either at our office in Skærbæk near Fredericia or in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area. However, you should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Your key tasks will be to
- design the primary foundation structures in compliance with state-of-the art knowledge and norms and standards, using both in-house calculation tools and commercial software
- design, calculate and document structural components
- contribute to the development of best practices, calculation methods and calculation tools
- implement lessons learned and new solutions.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- have a relevant engineering degree, eg in civil or mechanical engineering, preferably with some years of experience from offshore structures, eg jackets or monopiles
- have a good sense of optimised design of steel structures with a good understanding of fabrication-friendly design
- are fluent in English, and preferably Danish
- have good communication skills
- have detailed knowledge of topics such as dynamics, hydrodynamics, fatigue, SCF calculations, pile/soil interaction, structural calculations, loads and safety.
A unique and challenging job where you will have excellent opportunities to influence your daily work, develop new competences and pursue a career in a major international organisation. You will be joining a dynamic team with competent colleagues who value knowledge sharing and initiatives. We constantly work on increasing our efficiency, developing the best technical solutions, improving on methods and tools as well as best practice of design of primary structures.
In DONG Energy Wind Power, we have a high level of expertise and many complex and challenging work tasks. We work goal-oriented and efficiently with some of the world's largest offshore wind projects, and we are committed to reducing the cost of electricity.
Please do not hesitate to contact Henrik Hauge Thomsen, Head of Primary Structures, on telephone +45 9955 6951 if you want to know more about the position.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas as electronic files by 28 June 2017.
Click on the button to submit your application.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder