Condition Monitoring Engineer
As a market leader Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy supplies Wind Turbines delivering electricity for +8.000 households for each Wind Turbine. With the next generation of Wind Turbines this number will continue to increase. Realizing that components can fail, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has for years developed state of the art Condition Monitoring (CM) Solutions. The CM Solutions allow our diagnostic centre to predict possible future failures ensuring that we prevent turbines from having standstill. To continue our journey towards Wind Turbines fully equipped with predictive CM Solutions we are offering a unique opportunity in our System Level Control Team where we shape the future intelligent Wind Turbines.
We offer a position where correlations of fracture mechanics and trends and patterns in big data make the invisible visible and predictable.
Are you up for this challenge?
For our System Level Control team, within Technology Engineering we are looking for a competent and passionate engineer for developing our Condition Monitoring Technologies. The System Level Control Team is based in Brande and is staffed with highly skilled engineers within turbine functional engineering. You will become a part of a small team which in accordance with our strategical roadmap are developing and improving CMS technologies from scoping to implementation. We work both on ensuring high quality of the existing CMS products and integrating solutions into new wind turbines. Your primary focus will be on development of new CMS functionalities and products.
What are my responsibilities?
- You will participate in condition monitoring technology project for a variety of major wind turbine components
- You will ensure that relevant CMS documentation is up to date, both for internal and external customers
- You will have a responsibility to manage CMS configurations in production, test-centre and for our prototype turbines
- You will have a high degree of influence on future CMS solutions
- You will perform data analysis needed for CMS design
- You will work closely with turbine components designers, test & measurement engineers and the end users, i.e. specialists from our diagnostic centre
- You will have to interact with new wind turbine development projects to ensure system integration of CMS on our turbines
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You are experienced data analysis specialist with 3 to 5 years of professional experience in the field of Condition monitoring / Preventive damage prediction for complex systems
- Preferably experience from wind turbines, alternatively from aerospace or bridge industries
- You have basic understanding of the Condition Monitoring System and Structural Health Monitoring Systems. Advanced knowledge and experience is advantage.
- You have experience with documentation creation, and sensor specifications
- You are proactive, precise, and able to handle number of different tasks and activities effectively
- You are able to see the full picture, and to evaluate the effect of changes, both as risks and opportunities
- You have experience with performing statistical analysis of measurements, time and frequency data analysis, selecting damage sensitive features (i.e. characteristics of failure modes of interest), and sensitivity studies for CMS, normalizing the effect of environment and operational conditions
- You are advance user of Python and/or Matlab
- You are advance user of Word, Excel, Power point, Project
- You have experience working with GIT or Mercurial
- You are proactive, team oriented but also self-driven able to obtain required information and solve tasks individually
- You are open minded and able to contribute with new ideas
- You have a strong desire and ability to solve difficult technical challenges through innovation, dedication and cooperation with a global team
- You thrive in an international organization
- You have the ability to communicate both orally and in written reports
- You are willing and able to travel internationally
- You are fluent in English, both orally and in writing
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Denmark is a core part of Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 7.500 employees out of a global staff of more than 27.000 work with wind power solutions in Denmark. Read more at www.siemens.com/windpower.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
By joining Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy you will become part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is an important part of the agenda. We prioritize being responsible for our employees’ health and well-being, and we offer many employee benefits.
If you want to know more please go to:
Apply online in English for the job via the "Ansøg" link. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you have specific questions about the position please contact the hiring manager Per Langfeldt via phone +45 5167 3134
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may not be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder