Technical Project Manager
As a market leader Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy supplies Wind Turbines delivering electricity for +8.000 households for each Wind Turbine. With the next generation of Wind Turbines this number will continue to increase. Realizing that components can fail, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has for years developed state of the art Condition Monitoring (CM) Solutions. The CM Solutions allow our diagnostic centre to predict possible future failures ensuring that we prevent turbines from having standstill. To continue our journey towards Wind Turbines fully equipped with predictive CM Solutions we are offering a unique opportunity in our System Level Control Team where we shape the future intelligent Wind Turbines.
We offer a position where correlations of fracture mechanics and trends and patterns in big data make the invisible visible and predictable.
Are you up for this challenge?
For our System Level Control team within Technology Engineering we are looking for a Technical Project Manager. You will become a part of a small condition monitoring team, which in accordance with our strategical roadmap are developing and improving CM solutions from scoping to implementation. We work both on ensuring high quality of the existing CM solutuions and integrating solutions into new wind turbines. Your primary focus will be on development of new CM solutions and products.
What are my responsibilities?
- You will have a role as a technical project manager of smaller technology development projects
- You will be a major contributor for technical solutions and R&D tasks
- You will have a high degree of influence on future CM solutions
- You will take the lead on specifying CMS strategy for specific solutions
- You will be responsible for clearly defining targets and deliveries including validation and implementation plans
- You will have a responsibility to ensure that CMS solutions are implemented in new wind turbine product developments according to requirements
- You will work closely with turbine components designers, test & measurement engineers and the end users, i.e. specialists from our diagnostic centre
- You will perform data analysis needed for CMS design
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have a master degree in mechanical or electrical engineering and +5 years of professional experience from similar position in wind / automotive / aerospace / sensor industries.
- It will be an advantage if you have experience in the field of Condition monitoring / Preventive damage prediction for complex systems
- You are proactive, structured and effective in your work
- You have an interest in maximizing potential of the CMS in the wind industry
- You have proven project management skills
- You are able to see the full picture, split work in smaller packages, include all relevant stakeholders while making project activities transparent and easy to follow
- You have an interest in optimizing the processes and making the workload lean
- You have experience with performing statistical analysis of measurements, time and frequency data analysis, selecting damage sensitive features (i.e. characteristics of failure modes of interest), sensitivity studies for CMS, normalizing the effect of environment and operational conditions
- You are proactive, team oriented but also self-driven able to obtain required information and solve tasks individually
- You are open minded and able to contribute with new ideas
- You have a strong desire and ability to solve difficult technical challenges through innovation, dedication and cooperation with a global team
- You thrive in an international organization
- You have the ability to communicate both orally and in written reports
- You are willing and able to travel internationally
- You are fluent in English, both orally and in writing
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Denmark is a core part of Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 7.500 employees out of a global staff of more than 27.000 work with wind power solutions in Denmark. Read more at www.siemens.com/windpower.
Be continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
By joining Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy you will become part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is an important part of the agenda. We prioritize being responsible for our employees’ health and well-being, and we offer many employee benefits.
If you want to know more please go to:
Apply online in English for the job via the "Ansøg" link. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you have specific questions about the position please contact the hiring manager Per Langfeldt via phone +45 5167 3134
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via email@example.com. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may not be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder