3D Scanner Software Developer
3Shape develops and manufactures market-leading 3D scanners and 3D software for dentistry. Over the past 4 years we have experienced massive growth, driven in large by our revolutionary TRIOS intraoral 3D scanner and its optimized scanning, software and digital workflow solutions.
We are now looking for a skilled and passionate Software Developer for our TRIOS software team. The team is responsible for our data-heavy scanning application that handles live 3D data from the intraoral scanner. As a software developer on the team, your primary responsibility will be to develop, implement, and optimize cutting edge 3D algorithms, utilizing parallel processing and GPU programming to ensure the best possible scanning experience for the dentists.
You will join a team of highly skilled and passionate colleagues all working towards the overall goal of providing the best possible scanning experience for the users. Improved scanning experience comes in many shapes, e.g. through faster scanning, better visualization, improved quality and accuracy of the scans. As a software developer, you will use all your skills and curiosity to provide the best possible solutions.
When working on a task you are typically involved from its beginning to end, sometimes working closely together with colleagues and sometimes working more individually according to the task. You will be involved in developing and implementing new algorithms, either based on latest research or adapting existing ones to our needs. You will be working with parallel computing, and in general you have wide possibilities to apply special efforts in areas in which you excel, such as GPU programming, image analysis, etc.
Besides the colleagues on the team you will also have a strong collaboration with R&D colleagues from the scanner teams responsible for developing the intraoral scanner and providing live (RGB-D) data. Also, you have the possibility to cooperate with colleagues from the many CAD/CAM software projects using the final reconstructed 3D model.
Successful candidates should master all, or most of the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Good programming skills and practical experience in C# / C++ / .Net development
- Experience with parallel processing is a plus
- You may have experience with GPU programming, 3D computer graphics and/or geometric algorithms, however not a requirement
- Good communication skills and fluent in English - both spoken as well as in writing
- You are ambitious and continuously strive to improve
- You are passionate about working in an Agile environment where trust, collaboration, responding to change, and having fun is key
And most importantly - you share our passion about providing innovative and high-quality solutions, and you are enthusiastic about the possibility of working together with skilled team members to influence the future of digital dentistry.
- An attractive workplace with highly skilled and committed colleagues in an informal environment
- Many interesting challenges that will require your technical, analytical and communicative skills
- Open mindedness in a fun, professional atmosphere
- Competitive employment terms and benefits with strong focus on a good work-life balance
- Opportunity to become part of the success that 3Shape has created over the past 17 years
Applications will be processed continuously. When you apply for this exciting opportunity be sure to address why you believe you will make a difference in 3Shape. For further information, please contact Jesper Schou, Software Development Manager.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder