Software for researching pharmaceuticals of tomorrow
Would you like to join our team? Sophion Bioscience is looking for a new colleague for our software development department located at our headquarters in Ballerup, Copenhagen. We are looking for a person who can take ownership and contribute to the future development of our data analysis software which is used by our pharmaceutical customers throughout the world for fighting diseases and bringing new drug compounds to the market.
- take active part in defining and driving the direction of the Sophion ion channel analysis software.
- support incoming special analysis needs from customers.
- interface with project manager and product manager to translate, formalize and prioritize market requirements into specific product requirements.
- play an important role as an agile team member to actively support the rest of the team where possible within other areas of our SW portfolio.
The candidate has technical and scientific understanding as well as interest for contributing to the pharmaceutical research society. You should be self-driven, results- and decision-oriented and have the courage to make decisions in a strong-willed environment. In addition, you should be a finisher that ensures to wrap up and communicate initiatives and projects and, as always can handle multiple concurrent projects.
- M.Sc. in computer science or similar with a strong mathematical interest,
- You have experience with mathematical modeling of data sets. You are proficient in Java and have previous experience in SW development projects.
- You are experienced in e.g. MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle and have knowledge within database modeling.
- You have knowledge about modular design and integration into overall system architecture.
- You are used to work with version control and automated unit testing as part of an agile development framework.
- You can digest use cases and break them into relevant SW components.
- You strive in working independently in a small team effort.
- You take responsibility and pride in quality and deliverables.
- You communicate good in English both speaking and writing.
The Sophion software development team works within many disciplines needed to make automated laboratory equipment including communication between various electronic HW devices, secure handling of sensitive measurement data, data analysis and user experience. Most of our code is performance-critical. Our cutting-edge technology is the basis for our world market leadership.
Who We Are
Sophion Bioscience was founded in 2004 by a group of passionate electrophysiologists, all having the shared purpose of making patch clamping objective and independent of user skills to provide faster, more accurate and objective clamping results. Sophion has several times been nominated as a “Gazelle” company (a Danish award for fast moving entrepreneurial companies) and in 2010 awarded “Entrepreneur of the year” in Denmark. We are now more than 45 people with headquarter in Denmark and offices in China, USA and Japan.
What We Do
Sophion Bioscience develop, produce and distribute solutions and services for drug discovery with emphasis on electrophysiology and automated patch clamping. Our patch clamp platforms have earned their leadership as benchmark solutions within drug discovery and drug safety through our commitment to great customer support, scientific excellence and continuous product development.
What we offer
In Sophion we strive to offer high scientific value to our customers and to do that our organization includes many different fields of expertise. This diversity provides an interesting opportunity to work alongside professionals within fields like hardware construction, electronics, embedded software, front- and backend software, microfluidic biochips, cell culture and electrophysiology. Our software is both controlling and analyzing data from in-house developed hardware that is highly specialized.
As a software developer in Sophion you will have immediate access to in-house application specialists as well as enthusiastic customers from all over the world. We have an informal and open organization where all employees have a clear voice.
Please send your application and CV in English via the "Ansøg" link. Interviews will be held as relevant candidates apply.
For more information please contact Lasse Homann, Head of software and biochip consumables (Phone: +45 30459880 or e-mail: email@example.com)
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Søg Software for researching pharmaceuticals of tomorrow
Har du allerede uploadet et cv? Log på for at ansøge nu