Senior Researcher in Transport Economics
The Transport Economics group at DTU Management Engineering offers a position as Senior Researcher.
We work with transport economics and with assessment of the economic effect of transport policies in various ways using microeconomic theory and microeconometrics. A wide range of policy instruments is considered including capacity provision, metering, pricing and taxation, safety initiatives, regulation, and information provision.
The Transport Economics group is part of the System Analysis Division, which is placed within the Department of Management Engineering at DTU. The division conducts basic and applied research within the area of energy system analysis, transport economics, policy instruments, regulatory issues, energy demand, and climate science.
Responsibililties and tasks
The Senior Researcher shall help strengthen and expand the group within the established research areas and within research-based public sector consultancy.
The Senior Researcher is expected to participate in projects and collaborations related to research-based public sector consultancy, and/or to conduct teaching and to participate in general meetings in the Department about research and strategic issues, as well as to participate actively in research applications and in project management.
As a Senior Researcher, it is an important part of the position to actively disseminate as well as to engage in active dialogue with the Ministry of Transport, the transport sector and the general public.
- hold a PhD degree or equivalent as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding a position as Researcher or Postdoc.
- Background in economics, preferably within applied microeconomic theory or microeconometrics
- Strong background and interest in application to transport
- Experience within transport economics
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and international environment as well as in a Danish context
- Proficiency in Danish language is an advantage
- Experience with research applications and with research-based public sector consultancy
In the assessment of the candidates consideration will be given to:
- scientific production and research potential at international level
- innovative skills and the ability to generate new ideas
- the ability to communicate at all levels such as the provision of scientific advice to public sector authorities
- the ability to promote and utilize research results
- an all-round experience basis, preferably including international experience
- the ability to contribute to development of internal and external cooperation
- knowledge of and network within the Danish and European transport sector
We offer an interesting and challenging job in an international environment focusing on education, research, scientific advice and innovation, which contribute to enhancing the economy and improving social welfare. We strive for academic excellence, collegial respect and freedom tempered by responsibility. The Technical University of Denmark (DTU) is a leading technical university in northern Europe and benchmarks with the best universities in the world.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union. The position as senior researcher is permanent.
Workplace: Systems Analysis Division, DTU Management Engineering, DTU, Produktionstorvet 426, 2800 Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark.
Further information may be obtained from Head of Transport Economics Ninette Pilegaard, tel.: +45 4525 6554 mail: email@example.com or Professor in Transport Economics Mogens Fosgerau, tel. +45 4525 6521, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can read more about Systems Analysis Division on www.sys.man.dtu.dk/research.
Please submit your online application no later than 2 August 2017.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply," fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications (applicants applying for the post as Senior Researcher should indicate scientific highlights)
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. www.orcid.org)
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder