Senior Backend Developer
Are you an experienced and ambitious backend software developer who’s ready to think outside the box and influence our future directions? If the answer is yes, yes and YES then keep reading.
Joining one our several product teams you’ll take ownership of challenges worth accepting. Whether it’s ridding the web from misspellings and malformed HTML, relieving the visually impaired of browsing frustrations, building bots that protect the online brand of a customer or leading the way in the next generation of web analytics.
This position requires someone who’s happy to roll up their sleeves and migrate large amounts of data without downtime, someone who can battle-test web pages in headless browsers to reveal their weaknesses and build a crawler for the future web.
Joining our diverse and talented group of over 40 developers you’ll have a proven track record of building stable and scalable server software and know what it takes to stream, store and query large amounts of data, SQL or NoSQL. You’ll understand cloud-based solutions and know how to provide software-as-a-service.
Our primary tech stacks include AWS, C# and SQL but we are pragmatic (see below!) and expect you to be the same. We value general skills and experience higher than any specific technology.
- Develop and maintain backend application code in one of our product teams.
- Work together with the product owner, UX designers, operations specialists and fellow developers to shape the best solutions for our customers.
- Take part in and improve on the way we develop software.
- Understand what other teams are doing, help them, take action when you see problems on the horizon.
What We Require of You
- Have a relevant educational background within IT, bachelor level as a minimum.
- Have at least 5 years of experience building real software solutions.
- Be outstanding with a modern programming language.
- Be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Thrive working in a close-knit team using an agile development process.
- Be a strong, independent problem-solver.
You need to have practical knowledge of agile development and continuous integration. You should be equipped to challenge and tune our processes, and you should be ready to mentor us in your favorite practices.
We use Slack for a lot of our communication. If you are up to the task of adding another Slackbot to our system, let us know! We also have an internal Raspberry Pi project that always could use a new feature.
What We'll Love About You
That you’re self-driven, creative, inquisitive individual possessing lots of drive. Aiming to join a team of skilled colleagues, whom you can inspire, and who can inspire you. If you’re able to slice a task to deliver the needed parts first and the nice parts later. You can slice pizza at our weekly code club. If you take full responsibility and ownership of your tasks and always strive to follow your projects through to completion.
What You'll Love About Us
Siteimprove is a Danish founded multinational company with over 450 employees worldwide. In addition to our headquarters in the heart of Copenhagen, we have offices in Minneapolis, London, Berlin, Vienna, Amsterdam, Oslo, Sydney and Toronto, and our customers are spread across North America, Europe, and Australia.
Siteimprove transforms the way organizations manage and deliver their digital presence. With the Siteimprove Intelligence Platform, you gain complete visibility and deep insights, empowering you and your team to measure what matters, drive accountability, and act with certainty.
The Siteimprove toolbox
Technology stacks should always be challenged, improved and renewed. We do not believe that one size fits all when it comes to building great software solutions. If you have an interest in any of the following, or if you have something to add, we will consider that a bonus:
- Go, Perl, Python, Scala, Ruby, Elixir
- Knockout, Backbone, D3
- Cassandra, Kafka, Spark, Mongo, Mesos & Marathon, Redis, Memcached, ZooKeeper
- AWS, PhantomJS, Squid, Docker
On top of our toolbox we also offer amazing perks!
- Great and Inspiring Company Culture. We are passionate, innovative and people-centric. Consistently named as a great place to work across the globe.
- Amazing Kitchen Staff. Our celebrity head chef and his kitchen staff cook delicious lunch for us every day. There’s always cake on Fridays and on special occasions and celebrations (which, luckily, is quite often). Naturally, we offer free coffee, free sodas and free fruit ad libitum. Opportunity to buy food to take home at extremely reasonable prices.
- Outstanding Office Location. We are located in the heart of Copenhagen in a beautiful building sometimes referred to as “the Palace” by our employees.
- Own Friday Bar. On the top floor, we have our very own Friday Bar with quality beverages. In the summer, we may take the party to our cozy courtyard for barbecuing in the sun.
- Coding Club, Hackathons, Events, and Workshops. The Coding Club meets weekly (pizza and beverages on the house), and we regularly throw hackathons and in-house events and workshops.
- Corporate Social Responsibility. We do various activities to be a good corporate citizen, and we are very proud to be a socially responsible company, internally and externally. Learn more about our CSR efforts here.
How To Apply
Click on the “Ansøg” button now to submit your application. If you have any questions regarding the job or need a reasonable accommodation to apply, feel free to contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist Jacob Bjerrehuus at +45 3161 6742.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder