Head of Systems Engineering
We are looking for a new department manager for our Systems Engineering team. The department manager will be responsible for our customer specific spacecraft and mission engineering and will hold the line-management of a team of highly skilled engineers, and will report directly to the Director of Customer Delivery. The Customer Delivery department collaborates with the entire organization and specifically with R&D and Sales to ensure that Gomspace delivers the right quality, on time, and within budget.
The main responsibility as the Head of Systems Engineering is to manage, grow and develop a growing international team currently consisting of 8 dedicated engineers. The focus of the team is to deliver the systems architecture and -design of our satellites and systems, and to coordinate the technical activities with our customers and suppliers to ensure mission success. The team is involved during the entire mission, from sales, through specification, design, assembly, integration, test and verification to launch and early operation of the satellite.
The Job Incluces the Following Set of Tasks:
- Line-management of a team of international engineers
- Development of the department and competence area to match the company growth plan
- Manage work-in-progress of staff in the department to ensure “The right quality on-time within budget”
- Ensure necessary skills, discipline and methodologies are in place and continuously improved upon
- Adapt traditional spacecraft “text-book” systems engineering practices to the needs of Gomspace
- Participate in developing the future spacecraft and mission control platforms of the company
- Technical supervision and mentoring of the department staff
- Ensure reviews and sign-off of mission, spacecraft, sub-systems and payload designs and corresponding test-plans
We expect the Employee to Have the Following Qualifications:
- Professional experience with spacecraft systems engineering and relevant practices
- Engineering background - at least on Master’s level
- Experience as a line manager and with managing international teams
- Knowledge of mechanical, software and hardware development methodologies relevant for spacecrafts
- English fluency on a professional level
To succeed in the role you must be able to create structure and cadence in a high paced environment. You are an open-minded person that thrives on challenges. Being the one driving the required changes is part of who you are. You take the lead to make the team succeed and contribute to the success of the department with your experience and knowledge, both as an engineer and as a manager. You are able to both set the path for the department in cooperation with immediate management and to take ownership of your area of responsibility. You are used to collaborating at all levels in the organization, as well as externally towards customers and partners.
GomSpace offers employment in a dynamic growing and internationally oriented company with many challenging and exciting activities. We are an agenda-setting player in the nanosatellite business and expect our employees to contribute with dedication, skills and the will to implement our mission. We are ambitious and believe that nanosatellites and our efforts will make a difference to society in the future. We have an informal working culture with transparent communication and an organisation built up by multidisciplinary skills and engineering passion which we believe are essential to help our customers achieve their goals in space.
Sign Up for Our Mission:
You are welcome to send your application in either Danish or English. Interviews will be conducted on a continuous basis. If you have any questions with regard to the position do not hesitate to contact Director of Customer Delivery Morten Jeppesen:+45 7174 9194 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Work place will be at Novi Park, Aalborg in Denmark. Salary and start date will be individually negotiated.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder