Software Automation Developer
Are you motivated by improving the quality of a large codebase? Do you want to increase the productivity of 100+ developers?
We are looking for a talented and well-reasoned software automation developer to improve our continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery pipeline at our headquarters in Nærum, north of Copenhagen. You will join the R&D team Software Factory, whose mission is to “Keep the software build, test and collaboration engines running, while improving tools and processes to support efficient product development”.
The CI infrastructure is a central component to our software development and test department, and we would like you to help us build up a CI infrastructure that matches this level of importance.
You are a great fit for the position if you love ensuring that developers can build and test their software in a fast and reliable way, and you love automating stuff to the extreme.
You will work side by side with the talented software developers and testers in R&D automating our build and test environments.
As a software automation developer, you will work together with the rest of the team to ensure that we maintain consistently high quality in our deliverables.
Your daily work will include:
- Developing and maintaining our entire CI infrastructure
- Static code analysis, various tests
- Optimizing integration build and test pipeline
- Gathering metrics on test coverage, code quality
- Optimizing performance in the build jobs
- Working with people to troubleshoot build and test issues
- Developing tools to give people insights into test results and failure cause
- Maintaining virtualization resources for build and test pipeline
- Driving beta test program with internal and external beta testers
A good candidate for the job has several of the following skills and traits:
- Continuous integration systems: Jenkins,
- Microsoft® Team Foundation Server (XAML Build, vNext Build, MTM, Lab Management)
- Build systems: MSBuild, VB scripting
- Languages: C#, C++, Shell scripting, PowerShell, Python or similar
- Static analysis tools in C# and C++
- Microsoft® Windows®
- Degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent
- Good software development skills
- Knowledge of (or a keen interest in) developing test automation
- Curiosity concerning technology in general
- Analytical mind good with complex systems, problems and providing solutions
- Good communication skills: fluency in English is required and conversational Danish is a benefit
We develop software applications used in R&D labs and in the aerospace/defence and automotive industries. Our customers push the capabilities of our products to the limit, so we make an effort to stay ahead, using the tools necessary.
We do a lot of our work in collaboration with other very knowledgeable teams within R&D. Knowledge sharing, formal and informal and with customers and colleagues is vital to our work, so it is important that you are outgoing and sociable.
Brüel & Kjær offers
The job will provide you with an opportunity to further your career alongside some of the best and most passionate sound and vibration experts from around the world in a pioneering company at the forefront of the sound and vibration industry. Freedom with responsibility is the framework for Brüel & Kjær’s employees. This allows for a good balance between work and family life and for constant development of professional and personal skills in an international and enjoyable working environment.
Contact and application deadline
Please send your application and CV via the "Ansøg" link no later than 15 June, 2017, with “Software Automation Developer” in the subject line. If you have questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Software Factory Manager Svend Lysemose on +45 7741 2640 for further information.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder