Software Project Manager
Software Project Manager - Autonomous Components
For our Autonomous Component software team within the Technology department we are looking for an ambitious and dedicated software project manager.
The Autonomous Component software team is a part of the bigger software department with employees in Brande, Ballerup, Hamburg and India. We want to strengthen our innovative position within autonomous components (AC’s) and need a project manager primarily for the projects involving the team members located in Brande. AC’s are services which are used in a “micro-service” like architecture connected by a middleware. The software development follows agile methods and under Continuous Delivery principles. Both Autonomous Components and Continuous Delivery are strategic goals of the department.
The team has 6 developers in Ballerup, 5 developers in Brande, 5 developers in Bangalore and 3 testers in Bangalore. 2 of the developers from Bangalore are expected on a 6 month delegation in Brande. The team members in Brande are currently focusing on backend SCADA components to support our next generation SCADA system as well as the current SCADA system along with some adaptive power optimization features.
What are my responsibilities?
- Management of AC’s development projects both as deliveries to our bigger next generation SCADA project as well as more stand-alone software projects
- Operational leadership of a project team, consisting of software development engineers working in an international environment
- Facilitating the agile development process by organizing daily stand-up, sprint planning, review and retrospective meetings
- Identifying and following up on impediments that hinder the development process
- Supporting the Product Owner in grooming the product backlog and communication to stakeholders
- Stakeholder management, including Service, Commissioning and some times end Customers
- Promoting an agile and continuous improvement culture amongs the development team members and stakeholders
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have at least a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or similar combined with experience in software development
- You have several years of experience and possibly certifications as Project Manager of software development projects in an agile environment
- You like to work in a creative and performance-oriented environment
- You have excellent communication skills and a record of operational leadership of software development projects and teams
- You have experience in agile software development methodologies and tools (e.g. JIRA)
- You have excellent English verbal and written language skills; a basic understanding of Danish and/or German language and culture is advantageous
- You are willing to travel at a moderate level (typical to Ballerup and Hamburg)
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Denmark is a core part of Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 7.500 employees out of a global staff of more than 27.000 work with wind power solutions in Denmark. Read more at www.siemens.com/windpower.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
By joining Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy you will become part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is an important part of the agenda. We prioritize being responsible for our employees’ health and well-being, and we offer many employee benefits.
Apply online in English for the job via the "Ansøg" link. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
If you have specific questions about the position please contact the hiring manager Lars Venteloekke Toft via phone +45 3037 6343
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may not be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder