Manager leading department handling electrical engineering management
Manager leading department handling electrical engineering management of our substations
Can you motivate and lead a team of highly skilled employees working on our international offshore wind projects?
Join us and become Manager of our Substations Electrical Engineering Management department where you will manage a dedicated team of 13 technical project managers and electrical engineering managers who are part of a large functional area delivering project management and engineering services to our offshore wind projects. You will join a dynamic leadership team consisting of five managers, one Lead Specialist and one Senior Lead Specialist. We cooperate closely with our colleagues across the entire organisation and participate in all project phases.
Substations Electrical Engineering Management is part of Wind Power which has 1800 employees and is one of four business units in DONG Energy. Wind Power is the world’s largest developer and operator of offshore wind power, and we use our unique knowledge in all phases of our wind turbine projects. During the last 20 years, we have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe, and we are expanding with international activities in the US and Asia-Pacific.
You may choose freely to be based either at our office in Skærbæk near Fredericia or in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area. The employees in the department are based in Gentofte, Skærbæk and a few on sites, so you should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Your key tasks will be to
- handle the day-to-day management of the department, ensuring that you provide skilled and competent resources with the right mind-set to projects and programmes
- provide leadership for your employees, supporting them in delivering their projects on time, within budget, at the right quality and in a safe way
- boost your employees’ skills within leadership, proactiveness, stakeholder and scope management
- assure quality of work performed by own resources and recruit, train and manage people development
- raise risks and propose mitigations for own functional area
- maintain and develop concepts and knowledge, including lessons learnt in best practice.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- have significant leadership and team management or project management experience from a strong matrix organisation and have managed employees from a distance
- have a bachelor’s or a master's degree in engineering with an electrical background, solid technical understanding and relevant experience within the onshore and offshore industry
- have business acumen and understand the key drivers and levers that influences business performance
- are a strong communicator and excellent at explaining complex matters in a simple way, especially in English
- are able to drive yourself and your team forward, can function as a leader throughout the organisation and be a role model for our culture and guiding principles.
A unique and challenging job where you have every opportunity to develop your skills, when you help to execute some of the world’s largest offshore wind projects.
In DONG Energy Wind Power, we have a high level of expertise and many complex and challenging work tasks. We work goal-oriented and efficiently with some of the world's largest offshore wind projects, and we are committed to reducing the cost of electricity.
Please do not hesitate to contact Michael Thomasberg Andersen, Senior Manager of Substations Electrical & Commissioning Management, by telephone on +45 9955 2834 if you want to know more about the position.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas as electronic files as soon as possible and no later than 31 May 2017, as we will be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Click on the "Ansøg" button to submit your application.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder