You should apply for this position if you are passionate about surface treatment systems and enjoy being active internally across different department as well as externally towards suppliers. In this position you will have a huge possibility to influence the success of our off shore market segment and the transition into a green energy supply.
For our materials laboratory team in the Siemens Wind Power Validation and Quality section that reside on the DTU campus in Lyngby, we are now looking for a new Coating Specialist candidate.
In this team we are six expert colleagues who are doing research and development into surface solutions on both polymer- and metal based materials. For this position the main focus will be on coatings for polymer based materials, but assignments on metal based materials could also occur. The main coating system applied will be in the form of a paint system which is why a strong base knowledge within this technical field will be an advantage. Knowledge of other coating systems for corrosions protection of the metallic substrates will of course also be relevant.
An important aspect to this position is to bring the strong base knowledge in coatings systems into the products. This means that you should be able to communicate and collaborate with various stakeholders in Siemens Wind Power. An example of this could be to ensure that the right coatings solution is specified on a part where a variety of forces and changes of environment can act upon during a 25 year lifetime, while also having in mind that the solution proposed is to be applied in a production environment.
In this role, you will be part of our R&D department (Technology) that forms the core of our technological leadership, and building values like excellence, innovation and responsibility. The personal and professional development of our employees is essential to us. Cooperative working methods and informal atmosphere throughout the organization is central. The Technology department in Denmark currently employs approximately 900 people.
A certain amount of travelling (20-50 days per year) should be expected in this position, mainly to our Technology headquarters in Brande and Aalborg, but external partners visits abroad is also a possibility.
What are my responsibilities?
- Technical responsibility for specifying coating systems or deliver the needed know-how for the specifications.
- Ensuring accordance between coating systems, production standards and guidelines
- Specification of technical requirements to existing and future coating systems for steel and composite components
- Guidance of our own engineers for the purpose of questions and instructions within surface treatment
- Handling Non Conformance Reports (NCR) from vendors and production
- Technical feedback to customers and suppliers
- Evaluation of new suppliers capacity and ability to deliver according to production standard and ensuring other Siemens departments have an updated knowledge about this
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have an educational background as MSc. within Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or similar, possibly combined with a relevant PhD degree.
- You have a strong technical knowledge within coatings systems as well as on how the adhesion mechanism between different coating layers works.
- You have strong analytical skills and analytical techniques for coatings characterization.
- Preferably you have some years of practical experience working as a coatings specialist.
- You are capable of handling many support- and collaborative oriented tasks working across different departments in a large international organization. The majority of internal stakeholders will be mechanical engineers, hence a good understanding of this technical field required.
- You are able to work independently and have the desire to drive your own assignments
- You thrive in a dynamic and fast paced work environment dealing with many different stakeholders internally as well as externally.
- You have an open minded, flexible and positive personality and are determined and persistent when it comes to reach the goals.
- You possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and are fluent in English skills both orally and in writing.
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27.000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshore wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Denmark is a core part of Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energys global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 7.500 employees out of a global staff of more than 27.000 work with wind power solutions in Denmark. Read more at www.siemens.com/windpower.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
By joining Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy you will become part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is an important part of the agenda. We prioritize being responsible for our employees’ health and well-being, and we offer many employee benefits.
Apply for the job in English via the Ansøg-button at the top op of the page. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
If you have specific questions about the position please contact Hiring Manager Kasper Bondo Hansen at +45 4244-1983
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via email@example.com. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email cannot be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
Deadline for applications: As soon as possible
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder