Embedded Software Engineer
Want to develop the IoT and smart homes of the future?
Join us to:
- Work with talented and dedicated colleagues in a solid, dynamic and highly innovative technology company at the forefront of the rapidly growing IoT market
- Contribute to an open standard protocol with world-wide reach
- Join a development environment using GCC, Git and Jira
“As an embedded software engineer at Sigma, you join an international frontrunner in IoT and home automation. Contributing to our Z-Wave™ system, you will be a driving force in the creation of innovative open standard solutions that reach more than 50 million people,” says Z-Wave Software Manager, Jørgen Franck.
Sigma Designs in Denmark develops innovative software and hardware for wireless home control and the IoT industry. Our patented Z-Wave technology platform consists of an open standard short-range data communications protocol as well as state-of-the-art Single Chips. The Z-Wave ecosystem includes more than 1700 certified interoperable devices, and 400 member companies make up the Z-Wave Alliance.
Break the boundaries of home automation
”You get to tailor our chips 100% for home automation, creating solutions that are optimal in terms of both cost and protocol and building on our existing, tried-and-tested system. We combine experience with the curiosity and entrepreneurial spirit that give us the creative capacity for ongoing innovation,” says Jørgen Franck.
Create cutting-edge SoC’s and Z-Wave applications
As an embedded software engineer, you are responsible for designing, implementing and testing functionalities that are used in millions of Z-Wave-based products around the world. You will be working on our in-house developed series of Z-Wave SoC's that hosts CPU's ranging from custom build DSP's to ARM Cortex M3.
Join us to dive into:
- Design, implementation and test of new Z-Wave protocol functionalities
- Development of embedded Z-Wave applications and application framework
- Collaboration with a team of ASIC designers for developing future Z-Wave SoC's
Are you a C-programming and Tools pro?
We are looking for a new colleague with a curious nature and a knack for innovation. Needless to say, you are ignited by the idea of smart homes and the Internet of Things, and embedded programming and gadgets get your heart racing. As the robustness and reliability of our systems are paramount, you will need to appreciate virtualization systems and automated test systems as much as we do. In addition, you bring:
- A relevant technical degree, e.g. an M.Sc. in IT or engineering
- A strong analytical background with experience in design, implementation, test and documentation
- Extensive experience in C programming and familiarity with communication technologies
- An interest in security protocols
Want to join us?
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Jørgen Franck, Z-Wave Software Manager: +45 21218680 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send your CV and your application marked “Embedded Software Engineer via the "Ansøg" link.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder