GUI software developer
QuantumWise A/S is seeking a GUI software developer for our Virtual NanoLab development team in Copenhagen.
Virtual NanoLab is used for R&D within electronics, materials science, and chemistry. The user base is rapidly expanding and we are seeking a computer scientist with background in GUI design and a passion for increasing the usability of Virtual NanoLab. A technical or scientific background, which allows for understanding the concepts behind the simulation platform, will be a plus. Good English language skills are required, as you will be part of an international team of world leading experts in quantum physics and materials simulations.
We are looking for a talented individual with strong competences in the areas
Usability and GUI design
- Personal experience with user friendly GUI design
- Relevant education or courses in usability and GUI design
- Experience with Qt is an advantage
- General programming skills, in particular Python and C++
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
The successful applicant
- is an outstanding individual with strong competences in programming or atomic-scale modelling
- has a broad set of skills and is ready to apply them to whatever task assigned
- is dedicated with focus on getting the job done without sacrificing quality
- is a team player
- enjoys communicating and helping other people
- has a positive mindset and is motivated by challenging projects
- is self-motivated and takes responsibility and initiative
QuantumWise offers you
- a challenging and dynamic work environment
- a role in cutting-edge nanotechnology and materials science
- to work together with world leading experts and highly competent and motivated team members
- to be part of a company with strong growth and a high potential
- an inspiring work environment and social activities
- spouse employment assistance program
- an attractive salary package
It is an advantage to have knowledge of ATK/Virtual NanoLab and we recommend applicants to download and test a trial version.
The position is permanent and the work place is in our office in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Our office is part of a dynamic office community, and there are fitness facilities and a canteen with lunch paid by the company. We have a relaxed office culture with a number of social events during the year. Read more about our philosophy and work style here.
In 2016, QuantumWise was awarded as one of the best workplaces in Denmark. In particular, it was rated the 3rd best IT company in Denmark, and the 9th best work place overall among small companies.
Danes are among the happiest people in the world, according to the UNSDSN. Denmark also performs well on the Environmental Performance Index, and according to the OECD Better Life Index, Denmark ranks at the top in work-life balance and “performs very well in many measures of well-being relative to most other countries”.
QuantumWise invites all qualified applicants regardless of personal background, current residence, and nationality to apply for the position, except countries for which export restrictions apply for our software.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder