Associate Professor in Analytical Natural Product Chemistry
The Department of Biotechnology and Biomedicine (DTU Bioengineering) at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) invites applications for a position as Associate Professor in Analytical Natural Product Chemistry. DTU Bioengineering contributes to research, development and education within Biotechnology, Microbiology, Biomanufacturing and Bioinformatics.
The new Assoc. Professor will be affiliated with the Section for “Microbiology and Chemical Ecology”, one of 3 sections at the Department. DTU Bioengineering. The section currently employs approx. 50 people, including 10 faculty members. The department has a strong standing in microbial biodiversity, fermentation, biochemistry and novel methods for genetic modification of cell factories, with a strong focus on discovery, engineering and analysis of bacterial and fungal secondary metabolites.
Responsibilities and tasks
The position involves research, teaching, and mentoring at BSc, MSc and PhD levels.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Secure research funding from Danish, European or other international funding agencies.
- Collaborate closely with research groups within the department and with other DTU departments, such as DTU Chemistry, DTU Biosustain and DTU Food as well as with research groups at other universities both nationally and internationally
The successful candidate should be an ambitious and productive researcher at the forefront of research within small bioactive molecule analytics, especially in microbial secondary metabolites, but a broader experience in other fields such as cellular components, toxins, pharmaceuticals and innovation is also desirable. Candidates with a track record indicating that in the future they will be aiming for full professorships will be preferred.
Additional preferred requirements include:
- Documented research within advanced mass spectrometry, several types of chromatography, derivatization techniques, as well as advanced data-analysis methods for microbial secondary metabolites and their biosynthesis.
- Experience in trace analysis for environmental studies including sample-preparation techniques for challenging matrices such as soil, seawater, food and feed.
- Documented original scientific production at an international level and the ability to develop analytical natural product chemistry as a research field in the future.
- The ability to take lead in experimental research in analytical chemistry, characterization of intracellular and secondary metabolism, stable isotope labelling techniques, metabolomics including lipidomics, and biomarker discovery.
- Significant and well-documented experience in teaching and research supervision.
- Experience in teaching, coordinating and developing new courses.
- hold a PhD degree (or equivalent) as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding an Assistant Professorship
- document didactic/pedagogic training
Further information may be obtained from Head of Department Bjarke Bak Christensen, +45 3066 4233.
You can read more about Department of Biotechnology and Bioengineering on www.bioengineering.dtu.dk
Please submit your online application no later than 11 May 2017
To view the full announcement and to apply use the "Ansøg" link.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder