CTO - LapTics IVS
CTO in our Spin-off LapTics IVS
At Blue Ocean Robotics we create and commercialise robots. We apply robot technology to create solutions and innovation for end-users and new businesses in partnerships. We have created together with leading hospitals stakeholders a concept for a surgery assistant robot potentially used for operations like laparoscopy, that needs to be realised during the next years. The capital for this realization has been secured and a company has been created to build and commercialize this robotic solution into a large and growing market.
As the new CTO of the LapTics IVS your prime mission is to manage the technical team both internally and externally and turn customer-specific requirements into the next big robotic product. The CTO will act as technical sales backup for the important meetings together with our CEO.
You will refer to the CEO of LapTics and will be the leading technical figure in LapTics until a commercial CEO is hired in the next investment round. You will be employed by LapTics directly.
Among your responsibilities are:
- Being the LapTics product owner that clearly and bold keeps the organisation aligned with the final product specification
- Being head of the R&D activities with highly skilled engineers within hardware, mechanics, control, software and certifications. The department will initially be 2 external engineers.
- Resource and capability planning for ongoing and future technical development activities.
- Securing high growth of new employees.
- Initial Customer meetings with the sales team to promote new product
- Product quality assurance.
- Investigate national and international funding options to leverage the product and organisation.
The ideal profile
In the role as CTO it is expected that you have the following characteristics:
- You probably hold an engineering degree within robotics or similar.
- You have considerable management experience of product development of electronics, including HW, SW and mechanics, preferably from an international environment. A documented education within management of technology is a plus, but not a requirement.
- You are process-oriented and have strong experience in product development and handover to production and you have experience with management in a company in high growth.
Your personal qualities
- Thrive in chaos and early start ups.
Furthermore, you maintain an overview and you are comfortable not knowing every detail. We will evaluate candidates when they apply, so if you want to join one of the most promising startups within robotics better apply today, than tomorrow.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder