For our SW Test Environment Team within the Technology Department we are looking for a highly skilled DevOps Specialist to join our DevOps team.
In the SW Test Environment Team we are responsible for; the SW test strategy, the enforcement of it, and the creation and maintenance of test environments in which automated tests are executed. This ranges from Continuous Integration, creation of pipeline to QA in both HIL setups and small to large virtual environments, thus handling both the hard real-time and large scalability requirements.
The introduction of Continuous Delivery is a strategic goal of the department; our team has been given the responsibility of introducing it. The change project has run for about a year.
Today the team has about 30 skilled members is both Denmark and India, of which 7 are dedicated to devOps.
What are my responsibilities?
- You will be the lead specialist in the organizational transition project towards Continuous Delivery
- Together with the team you will find the state of the art SW tools and make the decision proposals. You implement these tools in the development projects for them to move faster. As member of the devOps team you carry the operational responsibility of these tools
- You will act as the technical expert across multiple development projects helping them in keeping their delivery pipeline running. The projects range from deeply embedded controllers over large SCADA server systems to central fleet management systems
- Together with the rest of the devOps team you will ensure the operational side of our large HW and VMware test environment
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have an academic degree in Information Technology or Computer Science but your passion and experience with Continuous Delivery is most important
- You have significant experience in the Continuous Integration and Delivery way of working and the tools and mindset, which are needed
- You are ‘hands-on’ and can get things done in a maintainable manner
- You have experience in applying agile software development practices (e.g. SCRUM)
- You have expert knowledge on GitLab, Gitflow, Artifactory, Jenkins, and Chef
- You have strong devOps understanding of the state of the art build and code level QA tolls for C#, C++ and web development.
- You have basic knowledge of BDD, Cucumber - Ruby.
- You have the ability to coach a development team or an individual developer through the transition phase to a fundamental new way of working
- You are motivated by and interested in automation and development
- You take pride in getting the development projects working more effectively
- You are willing to travel
- You have good communication skills
- You have excellent English verbal and written language skills - a basic understanding of Danish will be advantageous
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens Wind Power is a leading supplier of wind power solutions for onshore, offshore and coastal sites. Denmark is a core part of Siemens’ global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 6,000 employees out of a global staff of more than 11,500 work with wind power solutions in Denmark. Read more at www.siemens.com/windpower.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
Apply online in English for the job by clicking on "Apply" Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may not be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder