Head of Electrical System Analysis for offshore wind farms
Would you like to take on the challenge of leading a highly specialised department that secures grid connection and design of the transmission system of some of the world’s biggest offshore wind farms?
Join us and become Head of Electrical System Analysis where you will be responsible for all power system studies supporting the grid connection process of our offshore wind farms, including the design and optimisation of the electrical transmission system. The department is key to the Wind Power strategy of expanding globally and making cost reductions by optimising the electrical transmission system to lower cost while upholding the grid codes. You will head 20 employees based at our offices in Skærbæk, Gentofte, London, Hamburg, Boston and Taipei.
Electrical System Analysis is part of Wind Power which has 2100 employees and is one of four business units in DONG Energy. Wind Power is the world’s largest developer and operator of offshore wind power, and we use our unique knowledge in all phases of our wind turbine projects. During the last 20 years, we have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe, and we are expanding with international activities in the US and Asia-Pacific.
You may choose freely to be based either at our office in Skærbæk near Fredericia or in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area. However, you should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Your key tasks will be to
- manage and develop a multicultural high-skilled team
- unite the team by fully utilising the cultural and geographic diversity of the team
- represent the department towards stakeholders internally as well as externally
- ensure the quality of the work carried out in the department
- collaborate cross-functionally in Engineering, as the department is key to the overall success
- develop the transmission solutions together with the rest of functional area.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- have a master's degree in electrical engineering within the field of power systems
- have experience with managing others across geographical distances
- are experienced in grid connection processes and power system studies related to stability, harmonic filters, losses, etc
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks
- speak and write English fluently
- thrive in an international environment and excel in creating good relationships with your stakeholders.
A unique and challenging job where you have every opportunity to develop your skills, when you help to carry out some of the world's largest offshore wind projects.
In DONG Energy Wind Power, we have a high level of expertise and many complex and challenging work tasks. We work goal-oriented and efficiently with some of the world's largest offshore wind projects, and we are committed to reducing the cost of electricity.
Please do not hesitate to contact Søren Hindbo, Senior Director of Electrical Systems, by telephone on +45 9955 7636 if you want to know more about the position.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas as electronic files as soon as possible and no later than 23 April 2017 as we will be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Click on the button to submit your application.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder