Associate or Assistant Professor in Coatings Science and Technology
The Technical University of Denmark solicits applications for the above position created to support the further development of DTU Chemical Engineering as a leading international department in the field of chemical and biochemical product technology with special focus on organic coatings.
The teaching will cover experimental and theoretical Bachelor-, Master- and PhD-level courses in the core field of chemical and biochemical engineering as well as in-service training courses for industry. Bachelor courses are primarily taught in Danish, other courses in English. Most courses are taught in Denmark but the department is also responsible for a full Master’s program in Beijing, China, in the framework of Sino-Danish Center for Research and Education. A successful candidate will have great interest in teaching including developing teaching methods using digital technology.
The research will be connected to the newly established Hempel Foundation Coatings Science and Technology Centre. The center focus on the whole value chain from raw materials over formulation, test and characterization to production and application.
A successful candidate should have front line expertise within key fields of coatings technology and the ambition of being part of a global leading research, innovation and education center having focus on developing sustainable coatings technology. This means high personal ambitions but also the ability to work closely with other researchers in the center, at the department, at other DTU departments, at partner universities and with industrial partners.
The new associate/assistant professor are expected to cooperate with colleagues within other departments of DTU
Candidates for an
- Assistant professorship must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent)
- Associate professorship must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent) as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding an Assistant professorship and should document didactic/pedagogic training and/or significant experience from industry.
In the assessment of the candidate consideration will be given to
- experience in teaching and education
- scientific production and research potential at an international, level including experience from industry
- the ability to promote and utilize research results
- an all-round experience basis, preferably including international experience
- the ability to contribute to development of internal and external cooperation
DTU offers an interesting and challenging job in an international environment focusing on education, research, scientific advice and innovation which contribute to enhancing the economy and improving social welfare. We strive for academic excellence, collegial respect and freedom tempered by responsibility. DTU is a leading technical university in northern Europe and benchmarks with the best universities in the world.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
An assistant professor will after a maximum of 4 years transfer to a permanent position as associate professor provided that the employee is recommended for assessment and is deemed qualified. More information can be found here: Career paths at DTU.
Information on the positions from Head of Department, Professor Kim Dam-Johansen, +45 4525 2845, email@example.com.
You can read more about DTU Chemical Engineering here.
Please submit your online application no later than 30 May 2016. Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Ansøg" fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
In the field “Please indicate which position you are applying for” please indicate whether you are applying for position as Associate or Assistant Professor.
The file must include:
- Application (cover letter). Applicants should describe in their application, how they plan to develop their research topics of interest and what courses they would like to teach and develop.
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications (applicants applying for the position as associate professor should indicate scientific highlights) ‘
- Documentation for teaching experience (e.g. in the form of a teaching portfolio - applicants applying for the position as associate professor)
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder