Head of Aft Ship & Propeller
MAN ALPHA in Frederikshavn
With reference to the Head of MAN PrimeServ Four-Stroke Denmark, the Head of Aft Ship & Propeller will take on the overall responsibility for the entire Aft Ship & Propeller department (SEAFE) consisting of 6 departments with the following areas of responsibility:
- Engineering including R&D
- Sales (new, retrofit & license business)
- Order management
- Aft Ship & Propeller in Shanghai
The department consists of about 70 employees, with 11 direct report, whereof 5 group leaders lead their own groups. There is additional management of 1 Senior Technology Engineer, 1 Senior Project manager and 1 Supply Chain Engineer.
In the role as Head of Aft Ship & Propeller you will be the key driver and manager to ensure the success and results of the Aft Ship & Propeller business area - working in close cooperation with the other key stakeholders globally, in the MAN Diesel & Turbo transition into a more customer centric approach. This is done to get closer to the market and opportunities for higher market share and profit. You will be responsible for the overall economical result and both the strategic and tactical development of the area - exploiting business opportunities for Spare parts, Service, New Sale and Retrofit Sales. A key element to success in the role is the ability to ensure and develop continued coherency between the project based activities and the processes necessary to support them, along with a strong focus on effective operations in general.
You will also be ensuring that the overall PrimeServ strategy is well known and that the organization is working according to this. This means the strategies for each department are clear to the team and that they are in line with the overall strategy.
- Profit / Loss responsible for the department in line with the envisaged budget
- Develop sales skills of employees and the way we sell
- Develop project management skills of the employees and the organization
- Ensure that the product portfolio is constantly kept up to date with market, but also having a pipeline on "tomorrows products "
- Visible, clear and strong leadership of the department in a way that ensures employees' acceptance of the objectives of the strategic plan and achievements necessary
- Develop department strategies and set clear targets for the department to ensure that the department meets its objectives and targets
- Ensure the strongest team at the group management level through personal development and possibly, adaptation / adjustment of the organization
- Ensure that the department has the necessary engineering, commercial and management capabilities, including hiring, dismissing and relocating employees
- Cooperation with the top management and middle management team on implementation of the strategic plan and profitable growth
- Cooperation with staff functions for the measurement of sales and department's performance
- Communicate results, goals and expectations
- Monitor and develop sales in the different regions, including by visiting customers and affiliates together with employees
- Ongoing optimization of pricing
- Develop the personal network of customers and affiliates
- Develop the department's collaboration with the International Group Companies (IGC)
- Keeping abreast of market developments
- travel up to 40-50 days world wide a year
- Relevant degree on a B.Sc. og M.Sc. level in engineering
- Leadership, Sales or Business programs
- Management experience from technical business - preferably with experience in project sales and management of this from idea to the finished product is delivered
- Knowledge of the industry (an advantage but not a requirement)
- Experience with implementing Lean philosophy
- A "General Manager" - who can make a difference and is able to create a winning culture
- An 'executor' who can lead a plan into action
- A developer, with great drive - but with primary focus on a profitable operation
- Good - and preferably documented - leadership skills, including "change management"
- Good communication skills - able to communicate with people at all levels of an organization
- Taking responsibility, outgoing and flexible
- Humble towards the task
- Ambitious in relation to career and goals
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing, a knowledge of German is a strong advantage
Please send your application via the "Ansøg" link.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder