Senior Engineer, Mechanical - onshore gas
Do you want to work with design and layout of process equipment in the Oil & Gas industry? Do you thrive in a job with varied and technically challenging tasks where you get to work in multidisciplinary teams? Then keep on reading.
Work on projects for national Oil & Gas companies
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will contribute to ensuring high quality design and layout of processing plants for our clients, primarily Danish, who are among the largest in the market. You will work on projects varying from single to multidisciplinary and from a few hours to several thousands of hours scope. Furthermore, you will be given responsibility on individual design tasks and the possibility to lead your own projects.
We offer you the opportunity to work with tasks such as:
- Prepare piping/mechanical design and layout of processing plants mainly within oil and gas
- Develop data sheets and specification on the piping and mechanical equipment e.g. rotating equipment, turbines, compressors, pumps, pressure vessels and storage tanks, heaters, etc.
- Participate in HAZIDs and HAZOPs workshops
- Participate in overall layout of process plants along with the other disciplines such as process and safety engineers
- Supervise contractors and participate in commissioning and project start-up
Secondment into client organisation may be an opportunity, and working from one of our other offices for a shorter or longer time will also be an opportunity.
A strong drive and eagerness to take on new challenges
In the job as Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will meet a lot of deadlines which require a systematic, methodical and professional approach to your work to obtain success. Our working environment is informal and dynamic, and we expect you to be open-minded and at ease at communicating with colleagues at all levels of the organisation. Your strong drive and your ambitiousness mean that you set high quality standards for yourself, to ensure a high level of satisfaction from our clients.
To succeed in this position, we imagine that you:
- Have a minimum of 4 years’ extensive experience with piping/mechanical design from the oil and gas industry
- Possess general knowledge regarding material handling, corrosion technology, materials and welding
- Have general knowledge regarding operation and maintenance e.g. with rotating equipment
- Are knowledgeable about onshore pipeline design (oil or gas) is an advantage
- Are proficient in one of the Scandinavian languages both verbally and in writing
Your new colleagues
The Onshore Plants department is a key department in the Onshore Gas & LNG business area within Ramboll Oil & Gas. Based on a number of project wins, we are implementing a business plan for growth of the area. The purpose of the department is to win and deliver early phase projects (feasibility, concept and FEED studies) in cooperation with the sister departments (Financial & Economic Studies and Process, Risk & Safety). We are specifically targeting gas inter-connectors (incl. compressor stations, receiving terminals, storage facilities), LNG regasification plants and due diligence activities. Our market area is Denmark, Europe, Middle East, South East Asia and Africa. The department is a multi-discipline engineering department that enables it to provide all-inclusive consultancy services.
Working at Ramboll
To work at Ramboll means being part of a people organisation. We are focused on knowledge sharing and collaboration across competence areas and geography, and we aim for a strong diversity among our employees. This enables us to solve a broad range of projects, and we firmly believe that cross-collaboration leads to creative and longstanding solutions. Thus, the possibilities at Ramboll are many and diverse - we invest a lot in development of people and offer career paths tailored for each individual.
For further information about the position, please e-mail your questions to Head of Department, Arnfried Lemp to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in applying, please send your application through our online recruitment system by clicking the link to apply. Remember to attach your CV, motivational application and exam papers when applying.
Please send your application as soon as possible and no later than 30 March 2017.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder