Relink - Backend Engineer
Interested in reinventing the way people are matched with jobs and working with technologies such as Scala, Akka, Node.js, Kafka, Redis, MongoDB, Docker, Kubernetes, and Spark?
Do you obsess about good looking code, enjoy building high availability microservices, and want to work in the startup scene in Copenhagen?
Relink builds technology that uses machine learning to match people with jobs. Our distribution is through APIs and backends that we develop using Scala and Node.js and are run as microservices in a Kubernetes cluster on Amazon EC2. To help us maintain, improve and develop additional products, we are hiring a Backend Developer who is passionate about the technologies we use and and our overall mission to change the way people are matched with jobs.
We want you to:
- Maintain and develop our production stack with a primary focus on Scala and the JVM stack
- Have ownership of microservices and their successful execution and availability
- Optimizing existing and new components to maximize modularity, testability as well as continuous delivery
- Take advantage of technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Have a strong opinion about what good code looks like and the ability to share best practices across the team
- Be able to work across teams, in particular together with DevOps and Data Scientists
What we are looking for:
- You should know about functional programming, non-blocking IO, and actor-based systems, regardless of how much or little you have worked with Scala or Node.js specifically
- Have a solid understanding and love for microservice architecture
- You should be able to grasp many technologies and learn new ones quickly
- Enjoy creating and maintaining open source libraries that we use in production
- You know your way around Amazon's AWS offerings and experience with EC2, Lambda, AWS Gateway, Elasticache, Redis, DynamoDB, IAM, and Kinesis are a plus
- A can-do attitude: If you see something you do not like, you fix it
- Experience with developing and continuous delivery of microservices based on the JVM stack and/or Node.js is appreciated
- Experience with machine learning, a solid math and statistics understanding is a big plus but not a requirement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Previous startup experience is a plus.
All shortlisted applicants will undergo testing of programmatic skills and problem solving both individually and within a team. The expected timeframe for skill and personality testing is up to one week.
Er du en af de mange, der har for travlt til at skrive en ansøgning – og ønsker du alligevel at komme i spil til stillingen? Så vis virksomheden din interesse med et klik her, det tager max 2 minutter!
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder