Senior Numerical Specialist
Would you like to strengthen our numerical capabilities moving us forward as a pioneer in making offshore wind a sustainable energy source?
Join us and become Senior Numerical Specialist in our newly established Numerical Competence Centre. You will join a dedicated team within the engineering function of our Wind Power division. As our primary tasks we work with the domain specialists to design and implement software systems ranging from function level systems with dedicated hardware to team-level workflow scripting. Our projects cover multiple functional areas, and you will work in a cross-organisational setup with senior management, technical and operational experts and our financial analysis functions.
The Numerical Competence Centre is part of Wind Power, which has 1800 employees and is one of four business units in DONG Energy. Wind Power is the world’s largest developer and operator of offshore wind power, and we use our unique knowledge in all phases of our wind turbine projects. During the last 20 years, we have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe.
You may choose freely to be based either at our office in Skærbæk near Fredericia or in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area. However, you should expect some travelling in Denmark and Northern Europe in relation to your work.
Your key tasks will be to
- be responsible for leading deliverables to large software and modelling-related projects and for maturing our processes in relation to the development of numerical tools
- ensure the streamlining of data formats and tools building through the Wind Power organisation
- participate as resource or advisor in the design, implementation and operation of software systems
- design and implement software as requested by the Wind Power organisation
- facilitate the use of basic software engineering practices including version control and automatic testing
- review software developed elsewhere in the organisation including testing procedures
- act as a link between the domain specialists and Group IT.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- hold a PhD or master’s degree in natural sciences or a related area, for example computer science, physics, math or similar
- have extensive experience with software programming, architecture and solutions
- have expertise in modelling, enabling you to assist in a variety of tasks in clear alignment with the overall strategy
- have a broad knowledge of available technologies, and have demonstrated that you are able to select the right combination of technologies to achieve solutions with a minimal resource expenditure
- are proficient in several compiled and interpreted languages, and have an overview of the strength and weaknesses of other relevant languages
- have a good understanding of OS interfacing and hardware constraints, and have experience working in an MS Windows environment. Experience in cluster computing is an advantage.
Moreover, you have very strong analytical skills and a high level of abstraction. In addition, you have strong communication skills and thrive to work under predefined scopes while still being able to bring input and take responsibility. You will work with experts from the functional areas of Wind Power, and you should therefore be open to collaboration and teamwork.
As we operate in a highly international environment and cooperate closely with our colleagues abroad, it is essential that you speak and write English fluently.
It will be seen as an advantage if you
- have strong knowledge of computer science
- have experience with machine learning and artificial intelligence
- have experience with Finite Element Modelling
- have a proven track record within operations analysis and discrete mathematics
- have experience with design of optimisation algorithms
- have a proven track record on implementation of digitalisation strategies.
A unique and challenging job where you have every opportunity to develop your skills, when you help to carry out some of the world's largest offshore wind projects. You will join a dynamic team with competent and committed colleagues who value knowledge sharing and learning on the job.
In DONG Energy Wind Power, we have a high level of expertise and many complex and challenging work tasks. We work goal-oriented and efficiently with some of the world's largest offshore wind projects and we are committed to reducing the cost of electricity.
Please do not hesitate to contact Jesper Skov Gretlund, Head of Numerical Competence Centre, on telephone +45 9955 8130 if you want to know more about the position.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas as electronic files by 1 March 2017.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder